Looking at purchasing a spa

Dodd

Reaction score
Anybody have any input, good bad or indifferent. We have looked and sundance, cal spas. Will be a 6 plus seater. 

Sundance makes the best. Solid product. Peace

Get as big of one as you can. They get tight quick. Nothing worst than touching toes with you buddies. 

I have a Caldera. I bought it used and it has worked good. I have had to change both pumps but it is 15+ years old. It has the Frog chemical cartridge's. They cost a little more than adding your own chemicals but they regulate the bromine good. I do very little maintenance to ours and we use it 4-5 times a week. 

Frog chemical cartridge's. They cost a little more than adding your own chemicals but they regulate the bromine good.  

Never heard of that. Do they sit in the filter area? They don't float around like my Chlorine tablets do in the pool do they? Peace

Never heard of that. Do they sit in the filter area? They don't float around like my Chlorine tablets do in the pool do they? Peace
No, they are tubes and have slot to drop them in. One cartridge is bromine and the other is all the other good chemicals. I change the bromine about once a month and the other around every 6 months. 

Like this?

frog-spa-floating-brom-min__44552.1519925636.1280.1280.jpg

We used this Frog chemical setup in our spa for years. Worked pretty good. Sold the spa last year and don't miss it. One less thing to take care of.  Ours was a cal spa. Board died right when I put it up for sale. Had to have it repaired. Was not cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
We used this Frog chemical setup in our spa for years. Worked pretty good. Sold the spa last year and don't miss it. One less thing to take care of.  Ours was a cal spa. Board died right when I put it up for sale. Had to have it repaired. Was not cheap.
The Frog Ease is what I use. Set it and forget it.

Any input on the Swim spas?? 
The Master Spa Swim spas seem very nice too. 

They are on Facebook. You can see what others say about them. There does seem to be quite a delay on getting things delivered.

The LED are great too. Many colors and they can match the pool.

IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

Back