Log Splitter needed!

RideSand

Reaction score
Hey guys - anyone have a log splitter in the phoenix area that I can use, rent, or buy? There are a few out there that Im looking at, but cant really buy the one I want new. I have a good amount of mesquite to split and instead of going to the big stores or buying used from some rando on Offer Up or something, figured I would check in here first. Thanks!

Wish I could help ya. I've got a BADASS splitter. Call the equipment rental places. They have them for rent. Peace

Wish I could help ya. I've got a BADASS splitter. Call the equipment rental places. They have them for rent. Peace
Tell me about yours! I would like to buy one, just cant afford new prices. There are a few used ones Im eye balling in the 25-28 ton range. 

I bought my 27 ton unit from lowes. I think it has a 5 or6.5hp motor on it. I have used mine a lot. I think it was 5-7 years ago and I paid $1100 new

Mine is a 24 ton unit. Splits wood like butter! Peace

I bought my 27 ton unit from lowes. I think it has a 5 or6.5hp motor on it. I have used mine a lot. I think it was 5-7 years ago and I paid $1100 new
Yea all the higher end ones are well over $1,000 it looks like. The electric ones are tempting but you just know they are trash....

Splitting wood warms you twice: once when splitting, once when burning.  Get a good maul, a sledge and a wedge and take out your day's frustration on that firewood. :biggrin:

Splitting wood warms you twice: once when splitting, once when burning.  Get a good maul, a sledge and a wedge and take out your day's frustration on that firewood. :biggrin:
Was waiting for someone to bring that one up. I will be splitting my starter wood when needed - thats about it haha. If anyone would like to come split it for me, using the method mention above, youre welcome to take half of it once its all split! 😜

Call Home Depot, rent one for the day you can split a lot of wood with one in a day that's for sure.  Then when you take it back buy the maul, sledge and the wedge.  two logs a day and you will never run out again. 

When I needed one a few years ago I rented one from A to Z rents.  It had a hitch on the end of it so I towed it with my Jeep.

I built my own from an 8' long piece of 15"-5/8" wall H-pile. It weighs about as much as a Volkswagen and could also split one in halfIMG_20211122_083653.jpg

Back