Living In A Dream

aceisback

Reaction score
Well my Brothers, the deed is done. What started on October 25th 1983 has come to an end.
Today is my last day aboard MCAGCC/MAGTFTC and tomorrow I’ll be heading to the Central Valley to start a new journey with my granddaughter and get knee deep in my second retirement.
Well my Brothers, the deed is done. What started on October 25th 1983 has come to an end.
Today is my last day aboard MCAGCC/MAGTFTC and tomorrow I’ll be heading to the Central Valley to start a new journey with my granddaughter and get knee deep into my second retirement.
Did 20 years active duty then stepped straight into Government Contract and Civil Service with the Marine Corps. It’s been a long strange trip and it is ending a little sooner than I had anticipated but my hand was forced and fortunately I’m at a place in life where I don’t have to be subjected to human experiments if I don’t choose to do so.
Damn sure going to miss the camaraderie and esprit de corps but I’m looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks out on the trail and starting up some new friendships.

Now if Jeep would just hurry up and release Gobi, Gator, or Tuscadero for the Gladiator I can get on with my journey!  

Congrats and enjoy!  I stayed retired for 7 years.  I actually miss it.  I don't plan on doing too many more years before I call it quits for good.

You've earned it, now go get busy living for you.

central valley so knee deep in oil or farm boy work

I've been in Bakersfield 44yrs.... come get some!

central valley so knee deep in oil or farm boy work

I've been in Bakersfield 44yrs.... come get some!
I’ll honk and wave as I’m passing through. I’ll be stopping in Visalia, a little ways up the road.

I work in Visalia, no body stops in bako it's just a pass me by city  :dunno:

Congratulations! Not many get to retire once, little lone twice. 

@aceisback, depending on how I read your post Im not sure if I should say "congratulations" or "Im sorry".  in any case, sounds like your going to make the best of it.  🙂

I work in Visalia, no body stops in bako it's just a pass me by city  :dunno:
I used to drive there every month (On purpose).  I kinda miss those days. 

Back