Little Sahara info

IFLY

Reaction score
Planning on a trip to Utah in June. We are going to hit Sand Hollow for a few days first and then maybe try out Little Sahara. Will be taking our RZR. Looks like they have a few camping areas. Is it just first come first serve? We will be there mid week so I don't think it will be too crowded. Anything else I really need to know before I go. How far away is gas? Anything else to do in the area?

June there is hot usually. Oasis is the best campground in the middle of the dunes and has trees. They have a sewage dump and you can fill water there at the dunes.

You will have to drive to Nephi or Delta to gas, about 35 miles either way.

It is first come first serve but if you are coming after memorial weekend you will have your pick.

Sand Mountain is open camping in the dust and sand as well. But no shade. There are toilets at both locations.

Not alot in the surrounding area. Cherry creek has some dirt riding and really good single track for dirt bikes. There are miles of dirt trails that surround the dunes and you can drive over to Vernon reservoir if you are so inclined... but its a jaunt.

As far as the Duning goes, The Backside of Sand Mountain has the best dunes if your looking to do an actual dune run. The dunes north of that are more trails than anything. If your use to glamis, that section would be comparable to the smaller dunes between Olds and the Beach store. 

Definitly will be warm but doable. Let me know if you want some people to dune with. We can do a day trip and dune with you guys. I live super close to Little sahara. 

Planning on a trip to Utah in June. We are going to hit Sand Hollow for a few days first and then maybe try out Little Sahara. Will be taking our RZR. Looks like they have a few camping areas. Is it just first come first serve? We will be there mid week so I don't think it will be too crowded. Anything else I really need to know before I go. How far away is gas? Anything else to do in the area?

I was told I'd be disappointed if I went to Little Sahara. When are y'all thinking of being there? Peace

We took the rail there once. It's fun. You can link up some good high speed lines on the backside. Good luck finding your way back there if you don't know someone that knows the way.

Some fun riding on qauds all over.  Sxs would probably be a hoot too.

Camping at the base of Sand Mountain on Easter would be like camping at Olds on a holiday weekend. It's goes off all day and night. 

We prefer Oasis camp ground. Little ride to the real big stuff but its a fun ride. 

little warning about sand hollow, make sure you ask for a camp spot hi on the hill, if you have full hookups, or you will be just staring at the Rock wall Dam,  IF you have not been to Zion and you have a regular vehicle, it is one of my favorite places,  

June there is hot usually. Oasis is the best campground in the middle of the dunes and has trees. They have a sewage dump and you can fill water there at the dunes.

You will have to drive to Nephi or Delta to gas, about 35 miles either way.

It is first come first serve but if you are coming after memorial weekend you will have your pick.

Sand Mountain is open camping in the dust and sand as well. But no shade. There are toilets at both locations.

Not alot in the surrounding area. Cherry creek has some dirt riding and really good single track for dirt bikes. There are miles of dirt trails that surround the dunes and you can drive over to Vernon reservoir if you are so inclined... but its a jaunt.
Thanks for the info. We will plan on the Oasis Campground.

As far as the Duning goes, The Backside of Sand Mountain has the best dunes if your looking to do an actual dune run. The dunes north of that are more trails than anything. If your use to glamis, that section would be comparable to the smaller dunes between Olds and the Beach store. 

Definitly will be warm but doable. Let me know if you want some people to dune with. We can do a day trip and dune with you guys. I live super close to Little sahara. 
Thanks for the info, Would love some people to dune with, We will be there mid week if you can get a day off. Should arrive Monday June 13th

Me.

I'm in the surrounding area!
You mean we might actually get to see you?

I was told I'd be disappointed if I went to Little Sahara. When are y'all thinking of being there? Peace
June 13th for the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. We will plan on the Oasis Campground.

Thanks for the info, Would love some people to dune with, We will be there mid week if you can get a day off. Should arrive Monday June 13th

You mean we might actually get to see you?

June 13th for the week.
Awesome! we should be back in town for the 2nd half of that week. Good chance we can get out and run the dunes with you for sure!! Looking forward to it

Back