LIPO for MH?

Rampage42

Reaction score
I currently have (6) 8D Lifeline batteries AGM, Thinking of going to LIPO.

Who is the expert, cost, charger change, BMS?

Thank you in advance. coach is a 2008 so no profile for LIPO charging.

Are you lifelines still good? If they are just keep running them. If you're always needing to charge your life lines and you want to go with some big lipos you can definitely get more charge power out of the same size package. Don't buy batteries on Amazon they just don't have good BMS modules. I have 600ah of lipo. Wish I could fit 800

These are spendy but supposedly awesome batteries and the size allows you to fit 2-3 of them in most existing battery spaces. I'm leaning toward these for my new Moho.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/product/270ah-12v-lifepo4-deep-cycle-gc3-battery/
I just switched from 3 12 volt AGM house batteries to 3 100 AH battleborns. Battleborns were slightly wider wedge shape from top to bottom so I just had to raise middle one slightly to make it fit in battery tray in my Monaco. The AGMs fit in same spot tight but just fine. I also went from old cracked 90watt solar panel to 2-200watt panels. My existing solar controller worked fine. We’ll see how it all works out, have trip in couple weeks. I was just sick of worrying that I was going to damage my AGMs by running them too low using heat at night or 120volt power transformer at night instead of gen. With these, they can be sucked down to near nothing and then shut themselves off if they get too low before they damage themselves (internal battery controls for that and temp and …).  I’m excited to see how well they power my needs overnight and just hope for sunny days in between!! Lol. My solar array is putting off 13.5amps mid-day when sunny.  

64E7048F-94F7-4F1E-B9AD-1CBE8E5D344E.jpeg

27407D60-32AA-4099-A9AE-3DE17ED7FB00.jpeg

B75252B8-228A-413F-BF6F-6B947001F82C.jpeg

549B9BCB-5814-4157-8A3A-AA3A29FB053C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just switched from 3 12 volt AGM house batteries to 3 100 AH battleborns. Battleborns were slightly wider wedge shape from top to bottom so I just had to raise middle one slightly to make it fit in battery tray in my Monaco. The AGMs fit in same spot tight but just fine. I also went from old cracked 90watt solar panel to 2-200watt panels. My existing solar controller worked fine. We’ll see how it all works out, have trip in couple weeks. I was just sick of worrying that I was going to damage my AGMs by running them too low using heat at night or 120volt power transformer at night instead of gen. With these, they can be sucked down to near nothing and then shut themselves off if they get too low before they damage themselves (internal battery controls for that and temp and …).  I’m excited to see how well they power my needs overnight and just hope for sunny days in between!! Lol. My solar array is putting off 13.5amps mid-day when sunny.  

View attachment 25800

View attachment 25801

View attachment 25802

View attachment 25805
Looks nice. Do those have the internal heaters? Did you put in an isolator? I’ll need to get the internal heaters as I get colder temps. I have 525 watts of solar so curious to see how it does but I’ll likely add some panels.

Looks nice. Do those have the internal heaters? Did you put in an isolator? I’ll need to get the internal heaters as I get colder temps. I have 525 watts of solar so curious to see how it does but I’ll likely add some panels.
They do not have internal heaters and no I didn’t install any isolators between the lipo batteries if that’s what you’re asking, my RV does have an isolator between the engine and house batteries. 

I currently have (6) 8D Lifeline batteries AGM, Thinking of going to LIPO.

Who is the expert, cost, charger change, BMS?

Thank you in advance. coach is a 2008 so no profile for LIPO charging.
You don't need a LiPo charger, but it will help.  These batteries only balance when you get to the top level of the charge voltage so you can aways but a stand alone charger to top them off every couple of months.

This is 600 ah about 2k.  Just search amazon 300ah LiFePo4.  

65912996131__91ED003C-0B17-43C2-9BC7-D24A11FE5FB9.jpg

View attachment 25800

View attachment 25801

View attachment 25802

View attachment 25805
Nice!  Do yourself a favor and get a Victon charge controller.  You need something that will let you bring those bats up 14.6 so they can balance.  I also believe that charger controller is a PWM version so you're leaving power on the table.

Back