Life hacks

Lord of the Dunes

Reaction score
Don't you hate those videos where some dimwit drones on for 20 minutes about how she didn't know anything about clothes hangers?

Well here are 2 solutions (I hate the word "hack") that I thought were pretty useful, if you're ever in that situation.

Have you ever seen someone in a choke hold and they're gagging, choking, pulling on the guy's arm as they're just about to get the life choked out of them? It's pretty disturbing, especially if it's your wife doing the choking. But I digress. Anyway, I saw a video recently where a medium sized guy was getting choked out by a big guy. The medium guy calmly pulled out his lighter and started burning the big guy's elbow. Problem solved in about 1.2 seconds. So always carry your lighter with you.

This next one doesn't happen often, but it's still a pretty innovative solution to a time sensitive problem. A lady was traveling by plane and checked her baggage, but somehow missed her flight. As she saw the plane pulling away from the gate, she figured out how to get the plane to come back. She called in a bomb threat. The plane pulled back up to the gate impressively fast. Unfortunately, they didn't let her on the plane. On the plus side, they did get her luggage off of the plane.

Anybody have any other useful hints for getting through problems in life?

1 minute ago, Crusty said:

Khabane Lame is famous for pointing out how ridiculous these so called life hacks are...clever guy, is huge in the Tik-Tok world now :lol:

I've seen some of his YT videos - he's hilarious!    :lol:

Don't you hate those videos where some dimwit drones on for 20 minutes about how she didn't know anything about clothes hangers?

Well here are 2 solutions (I hate the word "hack") that I thought were pretty useful, if you're ever in that situation.

Have you ever seen someone in a choke hold and they're gagging, choking, pulling on the guy's arm as they're just about to get the life choked out of them? It's pretty disturbing, especially if it's your wife doing the choking. But I digress. Anyway, I saw a video recently where a medium sized guy was getting choked out by a big guy. The medium guy calmly pulled out his lighter and started burning the big guy's elbow. Problem solved in about 1.2 seconds. So always carry your lighter with you.

This next one doesn't happen often, but it's still a pretty innovative solution to a time sensitive problem. A lady was traveling by plane and checked her baggage, but somehow missed her flight. As she saw the plane pulling away from the gate, she figured out how to get the plane to come back. She called in a bomb threat. The plane pulled back up to the gate impressively fast. Unfortunately, they didn't let her on the plane. On the plus side, they did get her luggage off of the plane.

Anybody have any other useful hints for getting through problems in life?
First scenario, if the choker knew how to do it, you'd be out in under those 12 seconds.  

Second one, great way to get an immediate entry pass to prison.

First scenario, if the choker knew how to do it, you'd be out in under those 12 seconds.  

Second one, great way to get an immediate entry pass to prison.
The lighter trick only took 1.2 seconds. Yes, I believe she got shiny new silver bracelets an her own holding cell. I hope she has a good lawyer!

The lighter trick only took 1.2 seconds. Yes, I believe she got shiny new silver bracelets an her own holding cell. I hope she has a good lawyer!
A legit choke hold takes less than 10 seconds to lights out.  Most would fumble around with the fight long before lighter would be thought of. 

Carry a knife, stab them in the Femoral.  They'll be too busy dying to worry about you.

A legit choke hold takes less than 10 seconds to lights out.  Most would fumble around with the fight long before lighter would be thought of. 

Carry a knife, stab them in the Femoral.  They'll be too busy dying to worry about you.
Are you looking at this on a phone or something? I said one point two seconds, not 12 seconds.    :lol:

Are you looking at this on a phone or something? I said one point two seconds, not 12 seconds.    :lol:
What he said and your to slow to understand is :lol:   your lights out in under 10, if you can realize your in a choke hold, stick your hand in your pocket grab a lighter pull it out light it and hold it for 1.2 seconds in less then 10 seconds total your probably enough of a bad ass to not get yourself in said choke hold. 

But in your case I would carry a lighter in both the left and right front pocket.

What he said and your to slow to understand is :lol:   your lights out in under 10, if you can realize your in a choke hold, stick your hand in your pocket grab a lighter pull it out light it and hold it for 1.2 seconds in less then 10 seconds total your probably enough of a bad ass to not get yourself in said choke hold. 

But in your case I would carry a lighter in both the left and right front pocket.
Not all of us think as slowly as you do. We all know you're 10x more likely to get choked out than anyone else.

Don't forget both front pockets in your flannel.

It would take longer than 1.2 seconds to get a lighter out and use it effectively on an attacker, as you are losing consciousness. It only takes 2 or 3 seconds to choke someone out. That is if we are incorrectly using the word choke hold and are actually talking about a carotid restraint. 

200.gif

Back