Let's talk steering racks!

Chingon619

Reaction score
I run a Charlynn to a ProAm manual front loaded rack about 12" long. I bought a 2nd rack for my next build thinking it would be very much the same thing except it wasn't. Mounts exactly the same, looks the same but it's only like 10.5" I started to think, it can't possibly have the same radius turning. 

I have clearance at the wheels for a little more radius and just wondered how can I use it more. My steering is ok, just wish there was more. I will also be going to electric steering next so I won't be doing a $2,000 steering ram setup either. Is there such a thing? Do they make these racks with more turn? 🤔 

Not sure what you are asking, but for me I like a Widespread rack, this will be with the bar going outside the aluminum, it will give full load to the aluminum section, 

HOW-118.jpg

Not sure what you are asking, but for me I like a Widespread rack, this will be with the bar going outside the aluminum, it will give full load to the aluminum section, 

View attachment 34682
That's exactly what I'm talking about, I need a wider spread than what I have now, and this wide spread is what I was looking for. Thanks Jason, should've checked kartek sooner. Looks like this rack will steer further out than my ProAm one. 

That's exactly what I'm talking about, I need a wider spread than what I have now, and this wide spread is what I was looking for. Thanks Jason, should've checked kartek sooner. Looks like this rack will steer further out than my ProAm one. 
The Latest rage is as close to strong for the Application, if you need me to order one let me know, think they are around $300

Back