Lets talk balls...... CV balls, perverts

Greengo

Reaction score
I had blown a CV boot at the end of last season and went to prep the CV's for this season.  Knowing I was more than likely going to have to replace the CV that blew the boot.

Sure as chit, star pitted all to crap.  No big, new 930 CV from Kartek on its way but while I was looking I noticed they have different size balls,  .875 to be standard from what I can collect but also have .874, .873 and .872. 

What are the pros/cons of using smaller balls?

Thanks perverts i mean gents :lol:

Smaller balls fit in more places, so you can get more english on it.

Which determines the heat of the meat.  My understanding, yes.  

I'm sure @L.R.S. can weigh in here.  He's handled more dirty balls than anyone. 

LOL
Yes, I've had my hands on more sets of balls than I can remember.  My understanding of the varying size CV balls is geared more toward racing than recreational off-roading.  Smaller CV balls don't bind as much so you should be able to run more angle.

When we raced 1/2 1600 Sportsman class we were looking for any slight advantage we could find.  Drilling holes in brackets to lighten parts, back cutting CV stars so we could run longer axles and get 'more' travel (limited to a 3x3 trailing arm), lightened flywheel on the engine (1600cc dual port for single seat car, 1835cc for two seater).

Back