LED WHIPS?

FENDERFAB

Reaction score
Had a safeglo SUPER BRIGHT 4' whip on my car for the last couple seasons, now only the bottom 6" lights up.

Ive called safeglo a few times and left messages and no call back or answer.  i was trying to get this one repaired but i guess im going to buy new ones.

ive heard lots of recommendations from different guys that build whips ( 5150, buggy whip, JC)-  i am looking to see who makes the brightest/strongest led whips out there. 

Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks guys. 

I had warranty items with Gorilla Whips and both times they took care of it immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

I put 5150 187 whips on my car. Super bright and strong. I would recommend all the way. 

Going on season 5 with my JC Whips from @Whipsandshyt, brightest of anyone in the game and only issue was a connector that went bad (believe it was my fault). 15 minute fix and I was back in business. The guy actually answers the phone if you need something as well. I lost my retainer clip and he brought me 2 to my camp during Veterans

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple things to think about,  I run a 8 foot fiberglass during the day and change to a lighted whip at night,  my Fiberglass is 10' long, so in my mind if i hit you during the day its your fault, 

So for me the lighted whip screws right into the same base,  

I just wanted single color and easy wiring,  

Some whips are whip mounted and will have to plug, not a big deal, just might have to do some more wiring, 

I have a bunch of different whips on my toys from buying them used and changing them. I have two Gorilla whips with the remote controls.  Neither lights/remotes work very well and they are too flexible in my opinion. With a bigger flag on them they bend too much at any reasonable speed. I like my whipsandshyt whip and it is super bright. It also held up when I drove into my trailer and forgot to remove it. The mount broke but the whip did not. My favorite though are the 5150 whips. The reason I like these is the magnetic mounts. No pins to get stuck or have to line up. Just push them in and pull them out. So I would recommend either whipsandshyt or 5150. 

Thank you guys very much.  I do have 2 6 foot fiberglass poles that i run my flags on and i was running a single safeglo with no flag in the center that was led for night runs in addition to my 2 6 foot day time flags if that makes sense. 

im totally open to running just led poles with my flags on them, i am running 3x5 flags. 

5150 Site Sponsor, great product, great people and a great biz to deal with, what more can you ask for.

I have a bunch of different whips on my toys from buying them used and changing them. I have two Gorilla whips with the remote controls.  Neither lights/remotes work very well and they are too flexible in my opinion. With a bigger flag on them they bend too much at any reasonable speed. I like my whipsandshyt whip and it is super bright. It also held up when I drove into my trailer and forgot to remove it. The mount broke but the whip did not. My favorite though are the 5150 whips. The reason I like these is the magnetic mounts. No pins to get stuck or have to line up. Just push them in and pull them out. So I would recommend either whipsandshyt or 5150. 
How well do the 5150 magnetic bases do at high speeds? 

They are on a Can Am X3, never had any issues with them coming lose or off. I don’t know what the top speed is, 75 or so I guess. Maybe others have them on faster cars and can comment? They hold nice and firm, can’t imagine an issue. 

I broke both of my 5150s backing into the trailer a couple weeks ago and they said to send them in for warranty repair. I’m still waiting on getting them back but if they fix them from my stupidity they have a customer for life. 

I spent the week of Thanksgiving running around the dunes with them and never had one fall out. They are on a Funco Gen4. Even hit the drags a few times. I dont swap whips for day/night. Just run the same ones. 

I have 2 toys, both with 2 whips each.   Whiptech whips on one, safeglo whips on the other.  I seem to be replacing at least 1 of the safeglo whips each season, I'm about over them.

https://www.whipsandshyt.com/cart/

Have Aton of these…

Drank a bunch of whiskey one night and HOT dogged my buggy into the garage with a six footer. Whip bent like a sum biatch.  Slowly back out with some help…. Base never broke and whip was straight as an arrow, and still work electrically. Nuff said

https://www.whipsandshyt.com/cart/

Have Aton of these…

Drank a bunch of whiskey one night and HOT dogged my buggy into the garage with a six footer. Whip bent like a sum biatch.  Slowly back out with some help…. Base never broke and whip was straight as an arrow, and still work electrically. Nuff said
I second the Whipsandshyt  He is a nice guy and has great customer service. I had an issue and he sent a whole new whip. 

I broke both of my 5150s backing into the trailer a couple weeks ago and they said to send them in for warranty repair. I’m still waiting on getting them back but if they fix them from my stupidity they have a customer for life. 
Update. They sent me a new pair no questions asked. Turn around time was maybe a week. 5150!!

Safeglow repaired a whip for me last year.  I just shipped the whip ups to them with my name address and phone number couple weeks later I got a phone call and my whip was back the next day. 

Back