Labor Day weekend summer run

richard h

Reaction score
See if there is any interest in Labor Day weekend run. I know, heat will be a determining factor and I would like to see highs around 105 with lows in upper 70's low 80's.  Going to be any higher then this and I'm probably out, but we will see. First Labor day, and my first summer run the days it was 113 and surprisingly was very nice in mornings and late afternoons driving in the sand.

DSCN0044 (1).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This summer has been stupid hot. I don't think temps will be that good. We have found it hard to find days below 110 with lows around 84. We will see.

Weather looks like it will be 110 or better for Labor Day so it a no go for me. Weather looks good this weekend 8/21. 102 for highs and low is 72. There will be a few of us out there this weekend normal spot 3/5.

You mean 9-24?

BTW, weather I look at is showing 9-1 at 102 and 80. That's as far forwards as it goes but shows temps coming down.

You mean 9-24?

BTW, weather I look at is showing 9-1 at 102 and 80. That's as far forwards as it goes but shows temps coming down.
My bad I thought labor was 8/28. We will be out there this weekend 8/21. If weather is good for Labor day might go that weekend also.

My bad I thought labor was 8/28. We will be out there this weekend 8/21. If weather is good for Labor day might go that weekend also.
Keeping an eye on labor day and hope temps work as 9-24 will be difficult at this point. Not impossible yet though!

We'll try and join you if our Toy Hauler is back from the shop.

Good chance it will be but they never commit.

Anything under 105F and we're good to go .

We'll try and join you if our Toy Hauler is back from the shop.

Good chance it will be but they never commit.

Anything under 105F and we're good to go .
I'm hopeful the temperature trend that is now showing hold and continues to come down. But like you said, anything under 105 and we be good.

105F predicted and maybe some of that weather action in the Gulf and East will make it's way here and help by then too.

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/Brawley+CA?canonicalCityId=e77be56e877fea5e580f51fb72110ae89d16d3a4e893acd3c7aaccb925928fe4

w57UyIr.jpg

I should be there, not here! Anybody get pictures? I bet it was amazing! Are you still thinking this upcoming wknd Aug 27/28/29? 

I should be there, not here! Anybody get pictures? I bet it was amazing! Are you still thinking this upcoming wknd Aug 27/28/29? 
Labor Day weekend is Sept 4th - 6th.

The Ridgecrest SXS Pro AM night race is this upcoming weekend and we'll be camping in Spangler/Randsberg on the dry lake if we get our TH back in time.

Plenty of RV camping room. It's a little less hot at that elevation.

Girls do the SXS run to the Mustang and Burro Sanctuary. Other runs into Ransberg and the Husky Monument, Goldfish pond etc weather permitting.

7c3b0abf-9ccb-46a1-b35a-519a5db4b50e-jpeg.1029848

Back