King cross over ring spanner wrench

EastMT

Reaction score
Where does a guy buy a spanner wrench for King cross over rings? All the cross over ring spanner wrenches I have found are only for Fox shocks.

That was the first place I looked. I searched "spanner" on their website and all the wrenches were for fox and bilstein.

For the collars or the upper piece to add preload?

I just knock them loose with a screw driver and spin by hand.  There is an o-ring between them, so move it into the new position before tightening the two collars or you'll pinch it and break it.

What MPC Said- The old kings dont have an O ring- there just the 2 cross overs that pinch themselves together when tightened. 

Use a screw driver or small chisel and break them loose.  Should spin pretty easily after that. 

Screwdriver it is. Thanks guys!

Use a pick to scrape out any smegma on top/bottom of the ring before moving them. Takes FOREVER if there’s anything jamming up the threads. 

Thanks, I am ordering the tool in the lower picture. These are the ring I was hoping to find a wrench for.

View attachment 99047
You may need 2 wrenches to tighten against each other. I just did the hammer screw driver trick. Also have used channel locks to loosen and tighten them. (in the notches)

Last edited by a moderator:
These work for the lock nuts also, Screwdrivers work great Too !

shopping

Back