Keeping Beverage Cold Out in Sand

richard h

Reaction score
Anybody use the Yeti Rambler cool can holders? Looks like idea other then an ice chest. Do they keep drink cold? 

I have the yeti 25oz cup and I pour 2 beers in it and in 110F in Phoenix they stay cold for hours. 
I would think anything Yeti would work awesome. 

Thought better idea as I need a new ice chest. Then your always dealing with ice. Pricey on the front end but buy once and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
One morning I  filled my Yeti with frozen Margarita. Placed it on the cup holder of the YXZ drove from the Wash's all the way to the swing set during the heat of the day.  When I got there the Yeti was so hot I could not hold onto it. Inside was still frozen. Hung out for a while then went from there to the Ledge had maybe half left.  Once again got so hot it was uncomfortable to hold onto, so I set it back in the cup holder. didn't even drink any of it there. Got back to camp, went into the trailer took a shower made some dinner and headed out to the camp fire, but first I was going to fire up the blender once again and make another frosty frozen adult beverage.  Well I still had half left and get this after about 6 plus hours ...........

It still was more ice then not.

I'm amazed how well the Yeti Cup works. Leave it in the car while out and about. Come back still ice cold. Peace

Yeti and RTIC are the same.

It was 2 brothers that came up with the idea.  One wanted to make more money, the other wanted something cheaper.  Since they both owned the patent, it's the same things at different price points.

One morning I  filled my Yeti with frozen Margarita. Placed it on the cup holder of the YXZ drove from the Wash's all the way to the swing set during the heat of the day.  When I got there the Yeti was so hot I could not hold onto it. Inside was still frozen. Hung out for a while then went from there to the Ledge had maybe half left.  Once again got so hot it was uncomfortable to hold onto, so I set it back in the cup holder. didn't even drink any of it there. Got back to camp, went into the trailer took a shower made some dinner and headed out to the camp fire, but first I was going to fire up the blender once again and make another frosty frozen adult beverage.  Well I still had half left and get this after about 6 plus hours ...........

It still was more ice then not.
THIS.... always Yeti. tried hydro flask tried ACE hardware knock offs. Nothing better than Yeti and im no merchandise rep. I actually pay retail price Lol. Coolers I hear have to be cold and filled with cold food prior to icing.

Both companies were started by brothers (different brothers from separate families) but Yeti was started much earlier in 2006 and sold a majority of it’s ownership in 2012. RTIC didn’t start manufacturing coolers until 2015 but quickly became one of the top competing brands in the space by marketing their coolers as “half the price of Yeti but holds more ice”.

Since the law suit RTIC was forced to redesign their products and marketing. Their slogan is now “Overbuilt. Not Overpriced” and while slightly different their coolers still look remarkably like Yeti coolers in everything except the brand name.

I can understand why it's common for people to think that RTIC and Yeti are the same company, after all they manufacture extremely similar products. It's also not uncommon for an original brand to also create a second “cheaper” brand and sell the same product under a different brand name to a different segment of the market. It happens all the time.

But no, RTIC and Yeti are not the same company, they are owned by completely different companies and Yeti successfully sued RTIC in 2017 for patent as well as trademark infringements.

I just compared prices of the two and I don't see enough difference to warrant me changing from Yeti. What I came up with was about 3-4 dollars less. I'll go with the original. Thanks for replies.

I have both brands and both are outstanding products. I don't notice a difference between the two in my can coozies or my tumblers. I only have a RTIC cooler though I can't afford a Yeti Cooler for the SxS.

Done. My new ice chest. Don't ask how they did it but Ace with 5.00 off reward said buy the Childerns Miracle bucket for 5.00 and they could take money off the Yeti's. Ended up paying 22.00 each.

IMG_1775.JPG

I went with a pelican because or there cooler with wheels design. its a way nicer and stronger design then yeti and less then a yeti and pelican makes some really serious gun cases, camera cases and also makes cases for the military so figured I can't go wrong.i have never compared the 2 neck and neck but my pelican will hold ice sitting outside my toy hauler in the sand for min 3 days.have had it last longer in cooler temps but I do try and keep it in the shade as much as I can.also feel the latch on the pelican is a better set up

Anybody use the Yeti Rambler cool can holders? Looks like idea other then an ice chest. Do they keep drink cold? 
The can coolers are awesome. Beer never gets warm. The extra weight throws you off a bit. You run out unexpectedly. 

Back