Kawasaki Mojave

Stinky

Reaction score
I have encountered a 250 Kawasaki Mohave/Mojave.   They appear to be a water.cooled  dohc 4 valve 4 stroke w.a kick.start (bummer) and a manual clutch.

What else can you tell me?   I am looking for a dunes bike that a medium (between novice and expert) could ride.

Are they actually a 250 (I have 2 250s that are actually 230s).

How durable?

Problem areas?

Mojave started in the 90's and last year made was early 2000-7ish.

Air Cooled motor and heavy.

You'd be better off with a more current model like a Suzuki or Honda 400. Even a Suzuki or Honda 250 would be better more current tech, lighter, easy to get parts, etc.

Was it free or REALLY cheap?

Mojave 250 and Lakota 300 never really did well in the sand. It's just heavy and slow.

Mojave 250 was my wife's 1st quad.

It was super reliable. I put Works shocks, wheel spacers, seat cover and upgraded bars/controls.

It did pretty good in the dunes. Great for trail riding. She also only weights 100lbs. 

It was kinda heavy.  Really hard for her to kick over.

I have encountered a 250 Kawasaki Mohave/Mojave.   They appear to be a water.cooled  dohc 4 valve 4 stroke w.a kick.start (bummer) and a manual clutch.

What else can you tell me?   I am looking for a dunes bike that a medium (between novice and expert) could ride.

Are they actually a 250 (I have 2 250s that are actually 230s).

How durable?

Problem areas?
Look for a honda 250x (kick start only but there are aftermarket electric start kits or 300ex (electric start only no kick backup but there are kits to add kickstart). Absolute most bullet proof bikes ever built (especially 250x) mojave has very little industry support Is my only negative on it. I’ve ridden one; they are fine. Never owned one. Have owned both 250x and 300ex will likely be my daughters next bike

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Honda Recon for sale and it is half-tractor....a utility ATV.   We ride it in the dunes, but it is only a 230 and it down on power.  It weighs 430# (the Mohave weighs 400#).  It is really lacking in the suspension department.

A guy contacted me about my add and asked me if I wanted to trade.  I've had the add on CL for awhile now.

I have a Honda Recon for sale and it is half-tractor....a utility ATV.   We ride it in the dunes, but it is only a 230 and it down on power.  It weighs 430# (the Mohave weighs 400#).  It is really lacking in the suspension department.

A guy contacted me about my add and asked me if I wanted to trade.  I've had the add on CL for awhile now.
Your getting a straight swap? no $$, then go for it.

You'll have similar motors, but two ATV's designed for different purposes. Enjoy the Sport ATV Mojave, they were not bad in their day and will be more fun then the Recon.

Tis somewhat of a tough sell in CO if 2wd too. 

Back