K&N oil filter

Markcsand

Reaction score
Normally I use WIX, nobody has any so picked up the k&n so I can change the oil next weekend, any reason not to use it on a ls motor?

Normally I use WIX, nobody has any so picked up the k&n so I can change the oil next weekend, any reason not to use it on a ls motor?
I've seen a few videos on YT where a guy cut open 10 or so filters and analyzed the insides, rating them from best to worst. I don't remember the details, so I'm not going to try to recall, but there are several models of K&N oil filters. I'd recommend checking out the videos for specifics on them. I recall one video that showed a really inexpensive filter that was the exact same filter as other brand name ones for about 1/4 the price. I was pretty surprised!

Iirc, this guy did a bunch of research. 
engine-oil-filters.6

Bobistheoilguy forum 

Imo KnN are not bad in a pinch,, but will, 100% of the time for me.  Never ever, Fram. 

Engine Masters - a MotorTrend TV show with the guys from RoadKill did an episode on oil filters. They measures flow and pressures. The K&N was actually the winner. 

I just run the GM filters.

Can get them everywhere.

I run the K&N Premium oil filter on my LS and several other motors. I researched them and couldn’t find anything bad about them and most ratings were very good. I’ve never had any issues I know of. 

I run the K&N Premium oil filter on my LS and several other motors. I researched them and couldn’t find anything bad about them and most ratings were very good. I’ve never had any issues I know of. 
Same here. Ran a K&N on my LS sand car for years without any issues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back