Job openings in Az

ehall

Reaction score
20211007_145826.jpgMy buddy is hiring for his septic pumping buisness in Goodyear Az.  Can't find any help.

Can't find any help.
200.gif

My biggest hope right now is that some of the contractors that have over 100 people will let some go and they will now want to work for a smaller outfit.

Walmart pays my 16 yr son $15/hr as a personal shopper, in the AC and no chit 🙂 . Not saying that a septic technician isn't a good career but i can see how they and many other employers are having issues finding staff.

What does "approximately 25-35 an hour" mean. Reading the attitude of the ad would make me look elsewhere. 

… lame as Eff.. my first job was $4.25/hour

… now my min order is $500/hour

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is gonna literally shovel chit for $18.. When there is $17,hr job at the burger joint.

Ooh, Maaybe +$2~ for a CDL which will become mandatory.. LOL

Might as well drive a gravel truck. A/C all day...

Gravel truck or mixer in Phoenix is paying $25-30 to start. Good luck at that rate.

Nobody is gonna literally shovel chit for $18.. When there is $17,hr job at the burger joint.
No vax required. These guys are making 80k a year with health insurance and 401k with company match. Your comparing that to flipping burgers.

No vax required. These guys are making 80k a year with health insurance and 401k with company match. Your comparing that to flipping burgers.
80K a year making $18 an hour? This doesn't add up.

80K a year making $18 an hour? This doesn't add up.
The guys have been there 4 or 5 years.  Kevin gives good bonuses. Lots of OT available.  Even brought the guys out dove hunting on the clock.

You're right, I am.

In-n-Out's Full time employee bennies.  Even the part timers get most of that.

• Medical
  • Dental
  • Vision
  • Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
  • Basic Life and AD&D
  • Voluntary Life and AD&D
  • Associate Assistance Program (AAP)
  • Business and Travel Insurance
  • Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan (after meeting eligibility requirements)
  • Gym Membership Discount

ditch-digger-smails.gif

poop tank digger.. tough position to fill these days for sure. an issued compounded by rising minimum wages and a skills gap with no interest in trade careers from younger people. younger crowd wants perks and time off.. they dont give a chit about benefits and overtime.

my personal experience with employers (mohave county area) in the last 2 years is they are all wanting talent, but wont pay for it. anyone with actual experience and qualifications doesnt get looked at. it wasnt until i removed almost everything skill related from my resume did i start to get calls back after applying for all sorts of jobs.

watched a video from a business owner in nyc talking about people not wanting to work. his take (basically, im paraphrasing) was it was more of a reaction from the employee realizing they meant nothing to the employer as there were no efforts by many businesses to keep long term employees. the employee now knows that their dedication means nothing to an employer and they are the type of employee that has had ideas on doing their own thing but wanted the security of stable employment. now they know that stable employment they had is no longer a real thing, the fear of starting your own deal is diminished so they found other means of income.  alot of people displaced by their employers have changed industries and found other employers as well.

the typical answer by many of stimulus, unemployment, would rather sit at home and collect a check etc is valid, but even after those programs have ended in alot of areas, people still havent returned to their former jobs. they either found something else, made their own job, or retired.

Back