Its Saturday July 29th 2023... What is everyone up too this weekend?

SandTrap

Reaction score
So here it is the end of July what is everyone up too? Any new ideas,plans,or anything for next dune season that you are working on?

For me it will be an entire new look.. Going with my Parents Moho they don't use but twice a year so I get to use it for Dune trips and a Flatbed trailer.

Reservations at the Hotel my wife and I got married 4 years a go. Celebrate our anniversary. Having dinner at Bonnie and Clydes. Been a while since we've been in a hotel room. Going to study Public Behavior before I go out! Thinking flowers and a bottle of her favorite tequila. Extend check out time to 1:00 instead of 11:00. Peace 

Reservations at the Hotel my wife and I got married 4 years a go. Celebrate our anniversary. Having dinner at Bonnie and Clydes. Been a while since we've been in a hotel room. Going to study Public Behavior before I go out! Thinking flowers and a bottle of her favorite tequila. Extend check out time to 1:00 instead of 11:00. Peace 
Bonnie and Clydes was a great time till they kicked us out every night saying we got to close up folks

Having my Mom's 99th birthday at our house....I'm youngest of 11 kids....we lost one to cancer 8 yrs ago and then lost another to heart attack the night before her birthday this week......he was supposed to be driving out from phoenix on thursday, my moms actual birthday.....he passed on Weds..  Don't wait folks.......nobody is promised another day.........Be grateful for each and every day and if you have a mother that can still drive at 99 be thankful. 

Having my Mom's 99th birthday at our house....I'm youngest of 11 kids....we lost one to cancer 8 yrs ago and then lost another to heart attack the night before her birthday this week......he was supposed to be driving out from phoenix on thursday, my moms actual birthday.....he passed on Weds..  Don't wait folks.......nobody is promised another day.........Be grateful for each and every day and if you have a mother that can still drive at 99 be thankful. 
Sorry for your losses. Make the best of every day.

Well, I’m on call. Woke up to a call at 3am. Chiller plant down at Scripps Greene. Showed up to find phase issues and what seemed to be a dead leg. Smoked a starter cabinet for a condenser water pump and two chilled water pump motors making noise. Shut everything else down. Found voltage issues to be on SDGE. So 4 hours later they show up to find a dead leg on the transformer. Now waiting to see if it’s an under ground cable bad. Long story short, if you live in San Diego and need medical attention, stay far away from Scripps Greene. Most of the hospital has no AC!

Reactions: FOG
Well, I’m on call. Woke up to a call at 3am. Chiller plant down at Scripps Greene. Showed up to find phase issues and what seemed to be a dead leg. Smoked a starter cabinet for a condenser water pump and two chilled water pump motors making noise. Shut everything else down. Found voltage issues to be on SDGE. So 4 hours later they show up to find a dead leg on the transformer. Now waiting to see if it’s an under ground cable bad. Long story short, if you live in San Diego and need medical attention, stay far away from Scripps Greene. Most of the hospital has no AC!
That elation when you realize it's not something YOU did......but then you have to wait on SDGE to fix it... ugggg

Nasty workout.  PR'ed bench at 315x1, deadlift 505x1, and weighted dips (three plates) x 2, and weighted pull-ups (two plates) x 3.  

Now recovering and going to throw some protein on the grill.  Then watch the boxing fight and UFC.

Tomorrow, early am gym then taking the family to watch The Haunted Mansion at a new type of theatre with moving and interactive seats...kinda like Star Tours at Disneyland.  Will report back.  atttending my first Klan meeting Sunday night.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to try a Coulotte roast for first time.  Doing on the smoker and reverse sear.  Looks like a tritip to me.

pee peeing with trailer a little bit.  Batteries were boiling so more reason to replace, just hoping it's not an underlying issue.

Back to work tomorrow, hope we get a thunderstorm.  10 minutes of light rain this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FOG
Fixed a flat on my scooter. 
Now going to put some shine on the Talon I’m selling. 

I'm just recovering from being sick for 2 weeks. I don't know what it was but I was up and then I was down, and then I was up and then I was down again... 

Today I put in a combo fan/light in the wife's bathroom. Pretty cool little unit, has a humidity sensor that clicks it on if it reaches 60. I ended up finding a junction box behind the drywall.......😬 Just lovely when you find stuff like that. Now I question both the bathroom's wiring.

Replaced a frozen up gable fan in the attic and about to upgrade our whole house fan to a quieter one. If any of you have cool nights and don't have a whole house fan, you're losing out... I don't run the AC past 8-8:30 p.m.. gets downright chilly in here after 10:00.

Picked up my race packet for the Solana beach triathlon on Sunday. First triathlon and a little nervous and excited! Didn't train like I wanted too but I just want to complete it! Running will be the hardest part for me, I absolutely hate running!! 

16906697289647009290906610989603.jpg

Still on the mend from the sciatica issue. About 80% and going back to work on Monday after two weeks off. Daughter had softball this morning. Went and looked a dog to adopt in Rancho Cucamonga. Didn’t end up adopting him. 
Tomorrow some much needed yard work.

Back