ISO Free/cheap CAD software

Kraut_n_Rice

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Looking for some free, or very cheap, CAD software.  Really only needs to do 2D, and work with SheetCAM for my plasma table.  Whacha' got?

DraftSight same company as Solid Works, it's just like AutoCAD Lite. Exactly the same keyboard entry system, so if you know Autocad it's super easy to switch over.

Used to be FREE now it's $200 lifetime or $99yr https://www.draftsight.com/

Maybe I can find an old FREE exe on my PC.

Look into Autodesk fusion 360 its free for personal use and $50 a month for professional use.

Look into Autodesk fusion 360 its free for personal use and $50 a month for professional use.
2nd vote for Fusion360.  I teach my students to use it with our plasma table and CNC router, plus 3D stuff for the 3d printers. There are a couple of really good YouTube tutorial series that I use in my classroom. Exporting .dxf files to use in Sheetcam is straight forward and easy to do. I still miss SolidWorks but the price is right for Fusion360.

2nd vote for Fusion360.  I teach my students to use it with our plasma table and CNC router, plus 3D stuff for the 3d printers. There are a couple of really good YouTube tutorial series that I use in my classroom. Exporting .dxf files to use in Sheetcam is straight forward and easy to do. I still miss SolidWorks but the price is right for Fusion360.
I've had Fusion in the past.

Mind sharing tutorial links?

Back