Is Odyssey PC680 a good option ?

zzoldtown

Reaction score
The old site had some good references for batteries.  The motor will be a stock J35.  Not a huge radio guy.  See myself with final upgrades of lights up front and rear chasers, couple whips, maybe radio.  So nothing too extreme. I seem to remember the Odyssey PC680 was a good option.  Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a J35 on a single PC925. It was ok but over time as the battery got weaker you could tell the engine would drag at start up. I couldnt even get the engine to fire if I had my Intercom/Radio and lights on. I had to shut things down to start the car. If you can go to the PC925 that would be better. The reserve capacity of the 680 is half of the 925. Thats where you could end up with issues. If you like to sit with your lights on for long periods or plan on higher amp draw lights do the larger one to be safe. 

This summer I added a 2nd PC925 so I wouldn't have to worry about leaving my stuff on at a drink stop. 

Speaking from experience it will work but if you shut the engine down warm like 200 or so it wil have to sit a few min to restart.Besides that it does work well but i jsut went to a 925 and its alot better.With the 680 i could leave a whip on for a bit no problems but like said hot starts were the issue.The 925 fires right up hot.

Total Power TP1500 or TP1200. Both are great batteries.

Back