is Aceco and Foddrills the same?

HP.Habits

Reaction score
Been seeing more and more Aceco 2 seaters pop up for sale. Trying to do some more research on them and keep getting pointed to Fodrills. Who on here could tell me more about Aceco? How old is the company? Still in business? The 2 seaters seem to be a very well balanced light weight, Lower CG car... Dune weapon, a drivers car. Could anyone confirm or share their findings with one?

thanks in advance. 

Yes, they are. And they are great cars. Foddrill was better known for their beam race cars/parts. But they are some of the best vw spindles/arms. Steve aka socaldmax has a 4 seat foddrill. Tried to get it off of him for years

Yes, they are. And they are great cars. Foddrill was better known for their beam race cars/parts. But they are some of the best vw spindles/arms. Steve aka socaldmax has a 4 seat foddrill. Tried to get it off of him for years
Socaldmax aka Lord of the Dunes now after the site crash

this one was available a few years ago 

also there was a thread awhile back on these cars

@stonehenge seems to know a lot about them also

IMG_6120.JPG

The 2 seat with the V6 that's been up for a couple months is a bitchen car. I'd love to yank the GM and put a 3.5 honda in it. That car would scream. The black one with the front end a-arm conversion is cool too and would be a fun car for less than $15k. That yellow one above is down the street from my office and I really wanted to convince myself to turn it into a cool project, but just don't have a use for it. Aceco/Foddrills are bitchin cars for sure

Thanks for the info Thus far. a lot more is making sense based off some stuff I have found on my own. 

Does anyone have any specs on these 2 seaters? Or know a place to find some?
average weight?
front and rear travel?
Years they were made? 
ETC....

My buddy is selling his 4 seat Foddrill.

Awesome car.  Great geometry.

He hasn't used it in 7 years.

Turbo Nissan motor, one of the hi performance motors from Japan.

He is in Phoenix.

My buddy is selling his 4 seat Foddrill.

Awesome car.  Great geometry.

He hasn't used it in 7 years.

Turbo Nissan motor, one of the hi performance motors from Japan.

He is in Phoenix.
Is this car mostly all black with some purple by chance?

Aceco is/was run by Mike Monahan. Similar chassis were built by a fabricator in AZ that sold them to Off Road Buggy Supply (ORBS) and Foddrills. The main difference (and simple identifier) in the Aceco chassis is the INBOARD rear shocks, see the yellow Aceco above, the rear shock runs inside the chassis and tin work. 

Aceco is/was run by Mike Monahan. Similar chassis were built by a fabricator in AZ that sold them to Off Road Buggy Supply (ORBS) and Foddrills. The main difference (and simple identifier) in the Aceco chassis is the INBOARD rear shocks, see the yellow Aceco above, the rear shock runs inside the chassis and tin work. 
Thanks, That was one of the first things I noticed when I started seeing them pop up. I love the rear side panels that cover the shock. the body lines are vintage and tasteful! These cars look very light and quick. But I've been deceived before.. 

Back