Internet and cell service in the dunes.

Squatcher

Reaction score
I wanted to share what i have learned over the years and what I find to be one of the best solutions. Many know and many don't know that I have a RV Satellite business that we sell/service RV Satellite systems for TV and internet.   This past season with Covid in force it really played havoc on cell data plans and companies that were a good choice all of a sudden got shut down because of ATT got the Covid for rural America a screwed it all up like they did DTV.   So what to do on the road.  Well This is what I have installed on my own coach.  I have been using them for years but We Boost has two RV systems that I really like and they really work when used with add on antennas.   There are two system I recommend RV reach system with a added Indoor panel antenna. cost with the indoor upgrade $575.  50 watt booster comes with a trucker antenna and easy install.  Great around system with min user input beside turning it on.   Second system and what I installed on my coach is a We boost RV 65 system with optional Trucker antenna.  The RV 65 comes with a 24 ft alum telescoping pole and the strong directional antenna.   Used out of the box the strongest system you can use in your RV.  You will receive great signal anywhere in the dunes that you are camping.  You do need to point the outdoor antenna.   Using a App like Cell booster lite will help you point and see how good your signal is.   I have this system but I did install a trucker antenna for use whiile driving and it good in most spots without setting up the pole mounted antenna.  I have a simple connection to swap for either antenna.  Ok so now that we have the best signal booster mounted in the RV you can now use any form of cellular internet.  Jet packs get the added bonus of the boosted signal or wifi routers of any brand or type.  I found a company Milliencom.com  that offers a 5g router for $200 and a true unlimited ATT plan for 120 per month.  they offer 500 g plan from Verizon for 110 and 100g from Tmobile for 89.   So adding a great cell phone booster not only makes phone calls and text messages much better but you then can have some good internet unless a busy weekend and starlink will be needed.   More on Starlink later.  I sent mine back already. 

Back