Insurance for Higher Dollar Sand Cars

Dockmaster

Reaction score
For those of with you higher dollar, higher hp sand cars, what type of insurance coverage do you carry and where do you find it? Do you have liability only or a more comprehensive package including fire, theft, collision, etc. ? What range of premiums are you paying for what type of coverage? 

I’ll be looking for coverage for my new build as that draws nearer and my agent is not the best at finding coverage for non-typical items like this. Hoping to find some companies I can steer him toward to make the process easier. 

Nikki Bostic with Farmers 619-303-4108 insures all my off-road stuff and my personal cars/trucks.  You will need an appraisal for whichever insurance company you choose.  I do several each month for Farmers.

Nikki Bostic with Farmers 619-303-4108 insures all my off-road stuff and my personal cars/trucks.  You will need an appraisal for whichever insurance company you choose.  I do several each month for Farmers.
Wonder if I will need an appraisal on a new car ? Seems like I can just show the final invoice to establish value? 

Wonder if I will need an appraisal on a new car ? Seems like I can just show the final invoice to establish value? 
Guess that could work too. Thinking abput it now, I can't remember if I've ever done an appraisal on a brand new sandrail. My understanding is Farmers is not writing new policies in California for OHVs. If you have a policy don't let it lapse. 

Don’t bother with Allstate. They are no longer writing off road policies in California 

Don’t bother with Allstate. They are no longer writing off road policies in California 
I wonder if there is a difference given I live in Oregon? I’ll use the car in Cali several times a year but  thankfully I don’t live there. 

I wonder if there is a difference given I live in Oregon? I’ll use the car in Cali several times a year but  thankfully I don’t live there. 
You might be in luck. Allstate just sent my renewal. I’m in Montana.

Back