Inline fuel pump, filter, and fuel line

EastMT

Reaction score
What is the preferred brand/model of inline electric fuel pump, fuel filter, and hose to use to feed a stock Honda 3.5?

What are your thoughts on using an in-line fuel filter verses a cansiter type, which may theoretically be easier to mount ( or maybe not )?

I can't remember where I saw it but I thought it was mentioned on here to us the nylon braided hose instead of the stainless braided hose. I have used a Aeromotive fuel filter before that has changable elements, so far so good. 

What micron rating wold you use pre and post fuel pump?

What's wrong with the current fuel pump and filters?

Bosch 044 pump, Aeromotive 100 micron stainless (cleanable) pre filter and a 10 micron paper element post filter. If you run E85 you'll need the 10 micron microglass fuel filter. I prefer nylon braided hose and absolutely HATE stainless braided hose. 

For fuel pumps I like the AEM Bosch style one. And then run all aeromotive fuel filters and regulator. 

Bosch 044 pump, Aeromotive 100 micron stainless (cleanable) pre filter and a 10 micron paper element post filter. If you run E85 you'll need the 10 micron microglass fuel filter. I prefer nylon braided hose and absolutely HATE stainless braided hose. 

Nothing is wrong with the current one, just want to have a good spare set up, just in case. Thanks for the information!

Keep a spare fuel pump and filter in the trailer for camp repairs. or pay 2.5X markup at JoeFab.

if you go aeromotive or bosche there are a lot of fakes.  read on each of their websites. 

https://aeromotiveinc.com/diagrams/

IMO, if it works dont fix it.  buy the same thing you have & there will be no questions.  take the old stuff out, put the new stuff in & the old stuff becomes the spare...

Easy button for the above is to just call Kartek, give them your CC, and they’ll ship it to you.  :biggrin:

i run aeromotive stuff. the bosch stuff works great too though. i am switching form the a1000 to an in tank aeromotive setup.

XRP sells a fuel line called XR-31 - as well as a ton of fuel filter options...I used this on my car and it's a lot easier to deal with than steal braded line.  It's somewhat expensive - i used it as it was recommended by my car builder for reliability and what they use on their race cars...their fittings and fuel line are top notch.  

P.S - Sounds like you found a call - congrats!

XRP Full Product Catalog

Thanks for the suggestion. In that price range there are lots of options. Why the Weldon A600?
Because its worth it!

An 044 in Glamis is going to cost you $300 bucks, trust me I know.

That was a real one and it didn't even last a season.

The Weldon is American made.

I second the Weldon brand. Pump was on my car for 15 years and only reason I changed it was because I misdiagnosed and issue. They are solid pumps that are rated for Aeronautical use.

Ive had pretty good stuff with Mallory over the years.  havn't tried anything recently though. 

Back