Injector Question

bkuips

Reaction score
Recently had some injectors go out on my LS1 383 motor.  it appears they are 32lb injectors and i am installing 80lb as replacement.  Am i going to need a retune on the motor when i swap?  If so is there any recommendations in Phoenix for Mefi tuner?

Definitely will have to retune.

Not sure about anyone in your area.

for sure need a retune. Don't know of anyone in phoenix but 928x in yuma does tune them.  Why do big of an injector?  Also make sure you go with a quality injector.  

for sure need a retune. Don't know of anyone in phoenix but 928x in yuma does tune them.  Why do big of an injector?  Also make sure you go with a quality injector.  
Was sold them as the right injector talked to someone more fimiliar with my set up and returned those and got the correct size.  Injector size is beyond my pay grade but got in touch with someone much more knowledgeable than i am and got it sorted.

do you have a super charger or turbos on that 383?  Stock LSA injectors are 42lb.  I just put in 42lb for my new 415 from what my tuner told me to get. Just was wondering why so big.  Are you going to run E85.  that would make sense.

im running 80lb deka injectors was recommended from whipple on a ls6 stroker with a 2.9 whipple about 12 lb of boost

there is no such thing as a 80lb injector, you need to know the fuel pressure to finish the sentence,  

so the rail fuel pressure does not determine the size of the injector unless you know what the injector is 

so when i sell injectors is sell them as a market standard,  example would be that i am going to sell you a 80lb@37psi   or 80lb@43psi or 80lb@58psi 

If you had a holley it would not matter as much,  but with a mefi you will need to be close on fuel demand or it will be hard to tune and it will never run correctly, 

Dont waist your or the tuners time,  Find Injectors with the offset data,  if not again it will never have the throttle response or run great at multiple vectors in the fuel map, 

Find a tuner first, then discuss what injectors are needed.

Steve Cole is in Tucson.

Local is a guy named Tim by ASU.  I can get a number if needed.

Find a tuner first, then discuss what injectors are needed.

Steve Cole is in Tucson.

Local is a guy named Tim by ASU.  I can get a number if needed.
tim has done good for me 

I have Tims number if you need it,  

there is no such thing as a 80lb injector, you need to know the fuel pressure to finish the sentence,  

so the rail fuel pressure does not determine the size of the injector unless you know what the injector is 

so when i sell injectors is sell them as a market standard,  example would be that i am going to sell you a 80lb@37psi   or 80lb@43psi or 80lb@58psi 

If you had a holley it would not matter as much,  but with a mefi you will need to be close on fuel demand or it will be hard to tune and it will never run correctly, 

Dont waist your or the tuners time,  Find Injectors with the offset data,  if not again it will never have the throttle response or run great at multiple vectors in the fuel map, 
ok 80 lb at 43psi   https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=307

43lbs at 43psi is pretty agressive for a 383,  that is what i run on a 440CI on 12lbs of boost, 

I dont see any injector data, so you need the tuner to find or figure it out, 

this is what i run,   

60lbs at 37psi  or  it is a 

Ford Performance Parts M-9593-LU60 Ford Performance Parts High-Flow Fuel Injectors | Summit Racing  i will list the link for data below, 

FRPP Flow Summary.xls (ford.com)    this is the data  so at 60lbs it is a 1.238 multiplier so that would be 75lbs injector 

If they really want a 80lbs injector i use these all the time, 

Ford Performance Parts M-9593-LU80 Ford Performance Parts High-Flow Fuel Injectors | Summit Racing data below 

FRPP Flow Summary.xls (ford.com) 

I am a FIC dealer PM me if you want a set of FIC, this is mostly what we use,  and will help you out on them if you go that route, 

these are 60lbs at 43psi and can turn them up to close to 80 

650cc (62 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI fuel pressure) FIC Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set for Ford Shelby GT500 (2007-2014)(High-Z)

or 

540cc (60 lbs/hr at OE 58 PSI fuel pressure) FIC Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set for LS3, LS7, LSA, L76, L92, and L99 engines (High-Z)

so this is a 60lbs at 58psi or can turn it down to around 42lbs at 43psi 

or 

660cc (72 lbs/hr at OE 58 PSI fuel pressure) FIC Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set for LS3, LS7, LSA, L76, L92, and L99 engines (High-Z)

43lbs at 43psi is pretty aggressive for a 383,  that is what i run on a 440CI on 12lbs of boost,

^^^^ that is a typo 

Meaning to type 80lbs at 43psi is aggressive for a 383 

Holy chit.  I don't see any reason to replace 32lb injectors with 80lb injectors unless you're throwing twins at it "while you're in there".  At 58psi that's well over 1000whp (700whp+ on E85) worth of fuel... 

Maybe a typo for 50s?

Back