In A Pickle Could use some help/advise

Darkjuju

Reaction score
Long story short I am broken down in Yucca on our way to Hammers, my 2018 RAM 2500 transmission seems like it gave up after the last climb, made it to a hotel for the night but have no reverse. Any recommendations on where I might be able to store my '36 toyhauler locally and a shop that anyone can maybe recommend in Yucca/Palm Desert area? Any tow outfits you could recommend? Best case scenario I can get a friend to tow my hauler into Johnson Valley and if I can get someone to repair my transmission over the next week, and get a ride back to the shop from JV I I might have someone that could store my trailer out there (slim chance but a maybe), or just ride back to town with someone and rent a car? I know its a lot to ask but figured I would throw it out there.

Been there, mine was injectors instead of a trans but still stuck in Louisiana for a few days. I parked everything in a truck stop and with the truck constantly in and out no one seemed to notice my truck/camper not moving. Ended up having a rental car delivered, driving a few hrs to buy injectors, having the car picked up, and installing them myself. This might have to be different for you since it's a trans and can possibly still be driven, but that's what I had to do. Maybe look in to an RV park/storage and just pay for a month so you know it's safe. Either way it's a bad situation, good luck!

I was on the road today, and several tow rigs were awaiting a tow.

All were headed to KOH.

Be careful in Yucca the tweakers are THICK....get that trailer to the hammers and get the truck towed in  to a shop..don't know any out there. 

Back