I8 construction glamis traffic

Sausage450r

Reaction score
For those that head east on I8 for glamis/gordons, be warned it goes from 3 lanes to one right before viejas and then again right after the view point. After the view point it goes 3 lanes to one really fast (like 1/4 mile), and people are just to effin stupid to get over so traffic has been hr+ wait sometimes and its gonna be really bad once desert season starts.

signs say we have 2 years of this BS

I saw rhat on the way to AZ last month and assumed it would be done in a couple of months.....  

2 years......  WTPh??  

Went thru this on Wednesday midday and is was bad. Typical idiots racing past on right shoulder then trying to cut in last minute. It’s going to be horrible come desert season. Pack your patience and watch out for morons

Between Julian and Ramona has been a nightmare for the last 2 months and it's slated til March.  

The "pilot" truck REALLY slows sh!t down.  

They're putting electric underground AFTER doing steel pole construction for the last 5 years.  

Went thru this on Wednesday midday and is was bad. Typical idiots racing past on right shoulder then trying to cut in last minute. It’s going to be horrible come desert season. Pack your patience and watch out for morons
I was stuck in it for an hr friday and there were two different idiots that turned around and drove BACKWARD on the shoulder. Of course nothing is illegal or gets a punishment these days in this state

Of course nothing is illegal or gets a punishment these days in this state
CHP pulled me over 3 weeks ago for no front license plate. I’m a menace to society. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife…

14 minutes ago, NIKAL said:this can add up to 30min during evening rush hour for those who live in Descanso. 
I got stuck in that mess on a Friday evening, took me almost an hour and a quarter to drive home from alpine Albertsons, normally about a 20 minute drive. 

Luckily, I go the back way and end up on I8 at Japatul…

That being said, the freeway, especially the right lane, is pure chit through there. Jeep runs out of travel in spots…

CHP pulled me over 3 weeks ago for no front license plate. I’m a menace to society. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife…

I got stuck in that mess on a Friday evening, took me almost an hour and a quarter to drive home from alpine Albertsons, normally about a 20 minute drive. 
You do look pretty shady. Suprised they didnt call for a dog and backup 

Just have to remember to arrive or leave the dunes on a weekday before or after working hours.  They worked on the 78 between Palo Verde and Ogilby one year and if you tried to get to the dunes around  mid day you were screwed but if you waited to hit the 78 till around 4 you were good to go.

As of this morning i-8 east is 1 lane from the view point to almost the pine valley bridge

I got caught on the 78 yesterday morning. It wasn't that bad. Maybe 15 minute delay.

Back