I just got dropped!

Jaybird95

Reaction score
I just received a notice that my sandrail insurance from Allstate will not be renewed.

They are no longer providing this kind of coverage in California.

So now I'm shopping, any advise?  Besides leave Cali.

Thanks

I was told Farmers isn't writing new policies in California anymore. But call Nikki and maybe she can help you out. I work with her regularly writing appraisals for sandrails.

Farmers for my Rail and Trailers....But, I've been with them since 2007 and was told if I ever dropped it for any reason or timeframe, they would not be able to re-instate the policy. 

I have mine though state farm, its not cheap but i was able to get coverage over $100k

Keep your eye on foremost/famers. I just moved from CA to UT at they tried to raise my existing RV policy 50% after I moved to the "cheaper" state. Switching states is the same as dropping the policy in their eyes. Anyway, I switched to progressive for half of what i was paying in CA. 

CA rates are about to skyrocket as well...reports saying +50% coming!!  :banghead:

Keep your eye on foremost/famers. I just moved from CA to UT at they tried to raise my existing RV policy 50% after I moved to the "cheaper" state. Switching states is the same as dropping the policy in their eyes. Anyway, I switched to progressive for half of what i was paying in CA. 
My son's insurance went up when he moved out of Ca (Phoenix) but still on my policy.  Things are wacky....

If you go with foremost; make sure you answer their questions correctly. One 'bad' answer will disqualify you.  They want less than 350 cubic inches (stock ls1), no more than 4 seats, no power adders (turbo, blower, etc).........

I called my guy and he said no superchargers no turbos and like 50k is it..  

let us know what ya find out please!  

he also said new SXS policies are limited at 50k..   I’m grand fathered in but new ones will be a problem 

Back