I DONT wanna Leave!!!!! Its Perfect!

Poule43

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Had a great 8-9 day trip over new years / we had Monday off as a holiday so we stayed thru today

Sunday was a big wind storm so we had awesome family time / played monopoly/ visited friends / we to see @treshombre at the river in Blythe/ big fire till 1am and it was non stop Fun

TODAY 

dear God / dunes from Heaven!! Absolutely perfect incredible weather and dunes!! The kids all chased us around in the buggy on quads and bikes!!! SOO much fun - didn’t want it to ever end

wife cleaned the trailer / I loaded and fixed a few things - did some atc70 trades w a budfy and drove my wife and son to dunes edge and dropped the cargo trailer

decided to take a shower / and stay with Sandpsycho and watch the game by the fire and head back in the am

cooked some beef stew And a nice steak on the grill with some ice cold beers in Perfect weather!!!

i do not wanna leave! EVER!!!!! This is my place of total Peaceand balance!!

happy 2023 fellow duners!

:poule:

D95D755B-17A5-4528-AB4B-3860AACB633D.jpeg

75A7DBE7-0769-47A3-BC1B-BBF9210C9F1E.jpeg

AD3EEE81-764B-4110-BCB1-CAB3A77BD1C5.jpeg

B8391371-E5EC-4060-9005-3AEA6A574778.jpeg

10E2782E-5790-4EFA-979A-F09F42610ABD.jpeg

D13F6CE7-06F2-48BB-86CF-DBB80C12A742.jpeg

i love going to glamis but i think about 3 days or so is my max, after that im just ready to come home. was out there from thrusday evening left sunday about 4:30pm. i was super happy and excited pulling in thursday and just as happy leaving sunday. then most of monday was spend cleaning the trailer and rzr so its all ready for MLK weekend in a few weeks.  its just me and my younger daughter so its alot of work for one person. 

i love going to glamis but i think about 3 days or so is my max, after that im just ready to come home. was out there from thrusday evening left sunday about 4:30pm. i was super happy and excited pulling in thursday and just as happy leaving sunday. then most of monday was spend cleaning the trailer and rzr so its all ready for MLK weekend in a few weeks.  its just me and my younger daughter so its alot of work for one person. 
That length of trip(Thurs- Sun) is minimum for me. Any shorter and it doesn't make sense to spend the time to drive there for me (3 hours each way), but the 10 ay trips are the best.  You have time to enjoy and relax because you have more time.  Your not in hurry mode your in no big deal to sit in a chair in the shade and chill mode. The longer trips when there is nobody in the dunes and the dunes are silent are the best nights to sit in front of a campfire and just stare at the flames.  You get to sleep in a little knowing if I don't go on a ride today it's not like wasting 25% of the time your there for.  You spread out 4 day getter' done dune trip over 10 days of we will get to that at some point. 

And it is the same amount of work

That length of trip(Thurs- Sun) is minimum for me.  the 10 ay trips are the best.  You have time to enjoy and relax because you have more time.  Your not in hurry mode your in no big deal to sit in a chair in the shade and chill mode. The longer trips when there is nobody in the dunes and the dunes are silent are the best nights to sit in front of a campfire and just stare at the flames.  You get to sleep in a little knowing if I don't go on a ride today it's not like wasting 25% of the time your there for.  You spread out 4 day getter' done dune trip over 10 days of we will get to that at some point. 

WELL SAID!!!!!!   

I like 2 weeks with a couple in town trips OR a kids Lacrosse tournament...Then Back out. My ultimate goal is to someday get to spend the entire season out there like some guys do!!!!  The dunes just make me content. I LOVE the dead scilence at night with nobody there...Its soo peaceful !

I dont enjoy the big weekends / Party scene.....(have to go due to days off and Job) BUT if I have to pick I like a couple buddies and some Solitude ! It is just Good For the Soul

Reactions: FOG
That length of trip(Thurs- Sun) is minimum for me. Any shorter and it doesn't make sense to spend the time to drive there for me (3 hours each way), but the 10 ay trips are the best.  You have time to enjoy and relax because you have more time.  Your not in hurry mode your in no big deal to sit in a chair in the shade and chill mode. The longer trips when there is nobody in the dunes and the dunes are silent are the best nights to sit in front of a campfire and just stare at the flames.  You get to sleep in a little knowing if I don't go on a ride today it's not like wasting 25% of the time your there for.  You spread out 4 day getter' done dune trip over 10 days of we will get to that at some point. 

maybe one day ill get to where i like having more time out there but for now 10 days in the dunes does not sound like fun. part of it is i am always busy i have things to do at home, i help run a small business and when im not there alot of work just does not get done, even taking friday off last week means im working extra this week to catch up for it. i dont like being out of the gym for more than a few days. im right about 100 miles from my drive way to the washes. i even do day trips sometimes but just put the rzr on the flatbed instead of the 5th wheel. i like the 3 days trips compared to the normal 2 days for the reasons you listed. not so rushed and i get 2 full days of riding in. i dont party anymore out there so i do like the off weekends, but hoilday weekends make it easier for that extra day off work. 

i met a group this weekend that during covid they were out in wash 15 for about 3 months. 

Happy for you @Poule43, looks like another great trip in the books.

For me length of trip varies all on the group I'm with and if its a holiday / off week/end.

As kids we did a week trip for Thanksgiving and for Easter, they were epic. We were kids and just rode ATC's, ate food, sat at the campfire, etc. Nothing mattered because my Dad and Grandpa had it all handled, go us there, fixed anything broken, etc. Grandma and Mom cooked all the food....life was easy.

As a Family we do long holiday weekends, has to be at least 4 days, they are great fun but a ton of work for me. Should be better as my kids are now much more grown then their last trip to Glamis as a family, they can now drive and help more. An off week trip would be epic, mid week and empty....we could really have a blast.

Guys trips are always hit it and quit it, by the 4th day....I'm out. :lol:  

I need an overnight or 2 truck / guys trip. My boys would love that and the only thing we could squeeze in right now.

I have ALWAYS enjoyed the "Morning After" threads of peoples trips, pictures, etc. on GD. Can't believe I been on GD over 17 years now, thanks for having me.

What a way to end and start the new year!

Sounds like a great trip!

Happy New Year!

:cheers:

I’m the opposite. 
If I’m NOT in the dunes for a few days, I begin to feel homesick. 

Didn't want to leave either! Had a great trip this holiday week. Been over 2 years since we've been out there. One of my longest trips ever! lol 6 days. Car ran great. Just need to do a few fixes. Forgot how much fun it is. Even got to see the 2 Carbon Cubs land at Olds on Monday. Awesome birds at about 200 to 300K each! Had to get out and talk pilot stuff. They were from Phoenix.

i-s4gDf2n-X2.jpg

i-SwFmCm6-X2.jpg

i-xnLp2NQ-X2.jpg

Why can't I post pics from iPhone? They are HEIF? 

Last edited by a moderator:
We usually do 7-12 days in the sand. Once a year. It's a 2 day drive each way for me. Was blessed last season and got to make 2 trips.

I used to know a guy here in evergreen Colorado that spent the entire season in G. Ran his colorado towing and plowing business from Roadrunner.

I used to know a guy here in evergreen Colorado that spent the entire season in G. Ran his colorado towing and plowing business from Roadrunner
Thats My Ultimate Senario!!!!!   Would LOVE that!!!

Back