How’s your summer prep coming along?

ChasingSand

Reaction score
Mine is almost done but still have so many little things to button up. How is your progressing on your sand car?

coming along nicely! just a couple things to do and it will be ready for vets.. :ROFLMAO:IMG_5279.jpeg

on this one im waiting for new fuel cell foam to arrive (should be here next week) so i can finish up adding a new pickup tube and a holley hydramat in the fuel cell.

IMG_5280.jpeg

lol on the ready for vets comment. The white car looks fun. DD car?
they both are. first one is a 1 3/4 dual sport i started buidling in 08, mid engine with a powerglide and quick change diff. had it runnig for several years and tore it down in 2020 to do some upgrades and switch to turbo ls power from old school sbc. white car is a 1 5/8 chassis dual sport with ls and transaxle enginering race auto.

Reactions: K73
Finally brought my car home 3 weeks ago and haven't touched it. Plan was a full prep and fix the broken trans mounts, and weld up cracks on the front bulkhead. I'll be lucky to just get the trans mounts fixed and do fluids and filters.

I am tired, all i have to do is fix the Exhaust pipes,
  • Pulled motor and sent out trans,​
  • pulled all CV's and axles replaced boots,​
  • Rebuilt the DrySump pump was leaking a little and redid some oil lines,​
  • Pulled the floor down to pull the seats out, pulled the center consul out and moved the shifter forward 2 inches​
  • rebuilt the shifter mount and cut the consul out,​
  • Pulled the Dash out and replaced the steering control valve​
  • Made a new roof and visor and sent it to powder coat, (roll over at BG round up)​
  • Rebuilt the Steering Rack​
  • Built New upper A arms with larger uniballs now 1-1/2​
  • Lower Arms replaced the bushings and built the correct size sleeves so the arms move smoothly, went to 5/8 wobbled out holes to 3/4​
  • Blead the Brakes​
  • New headers that had to be cut and turned down to fit the chassis​
  • Last is a new power steering pump and Pulley​
  • Clean the Air Filters and Fuel Filters​
  • Alignment on the front end and replace the heims on the steering rods,​
  • Welded up 2'' uprights and new ProAm 16'' long bolts with Custom Misalignment spacers for the larger Uniballs,​
  • Replaced the Uniballs on the lower arms​
  • Change the OIl and Primp the System, New Dry Sump Belt and ACC Belt​
  • Rebuilt the front bypass shocks,​
Big thanks to @HTElectrical for the help on the car, thank you Nathan.

Last edited:
Finally brought my car home 3 weeks ago and haven't touched it. Plan was a full prep and fix the broken trans mounts, and weld up cracks on the front bulkhead. I'll be lucky to just get the trans mounts fixed and do fluids and filters.
I know a guy that does great prep and repair work, his son will even come pick it up at yore place...

1728915250141.png

Struggle is real two boys in tackle football and another in travel soccer. House re model has been going since July and still going.
Dez toys got pushed to the back burner
Buggy got put back in the trailer on its own power MLK weekend but will need, CVs prep, fluids and filters.
Motorhome needs all new house batteries 4-6v
Enclosed trailer roof needs re sealing and all new electric brakes
5 of 6 dirt bikes are ready to go
With youth sports going looks like thanksgiving will be the first trip depending on tournaments or play offs schedules. 71115709621__CE5AFD94-C919-4A25-8158-B483EC5C28A7.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0758.movIMG_0457.jpeg
IMG_0620.jpeg

Got my new sparcos tacked in. Going to finish welding the new mounts tonight. New belts going in this week. Then it's just fluids and CVs and I'm ready. There's more cosmetic things i'd "like" to do, but unnecessary for the season.

IMG_3344.JPG

Got car in garage, then took dirt bike out and broke index finger, nothing has been done since. F..cking hurts to do anything, I don't think I can do CV's with the left hand. In another week, we start with CV's

I just got my car and parts back from powder coat on Thursday! Halloween is out for sure, Im hoping I can make Vets.

Back