Howe power rack

Trevor

Reaction score
I would assume that howe will rebuild these power racks. Anybody know ballpark what it would cost to have them go through it? I had some pretty bad leaks. Now looking at it when its out, i think 90% of the leak was happening at the fitting. But i wouldnt mind having it gone through with new seals since i have it out and going to be getting new hoses (or fittings at the least). What are your thoughts

image.jpg

I’ve heard Howe rebuild costs are as much as a new one. 
But that is just what I heard. 

I’ve heard Howe rebuild costs are as much as a new one. 
But that is just what I heard. 
This is unfortunately accurate. They don't want to rebuild them, prefer to sell new racks. 4 years ago I paid $1200 and waited 6 weeks for a Howe 2.5 rack rebuild. Could have bought a new one for $1500 and had it the same day. 

I have Charile with PSS Power Steering Solutions in Hesperia, CA rebuild Howe and ProAm racks. He refuses to rebuild Tatum racks. He has his own line of PS pumps that Kartek carries. 

Screenshot_20221113-190834_Instagram.jpg

This is unfortunately accurate. They don't want to rebuild them, prefer to sell new racks. 4 years ago I paid $1200 and waited 6 weeks for a Howe 2.5 rack rebuild. Could have bought a new one for $1500 and had it the same day. 

I have Charile with PSS Power Steering Solutions in Hesperia, CA rebuild Howe and ProAm racks. He refuses to rebuild Tatum racks. He has his own line of PS pumps that Kartek carries. 

View attachment 49564
Dang. That is unfortunate. I guess for now its new fittings and hose and reinstall and see if that handles most the leak. Thanks for the contact ill call them tomorrow see what they say and if it will be possible to get it done before thanksgiving. What is the bleeding procedure with these when i put it all together

get a quote first, they on power steering pumps they charge more than a new one, then you ask them for a new one and they look at you and say but you wanted this rebuilt,  :classic_mellow:

Dang. That is unfortunate. I guess for now its new fittings and hose and reinstall and see if that handles most the leak. Thanks for the contact ill call them tomorrow see what they say and if it will be possible to get it done before thanksgiving. What is the bleeding procedure with these when i put it all together
I always jack the front tires off the ground to put less strain on the system.

Fill the pump, fire it up.

Start moving side to side slowly and little increments.

Don't go full lock until you have cycled it a few times.

Add fluid as you are doing this to maintain the level.

It will squeal, but this is normal.

Just got off the phone with Howe, under $300 to get the unit serviced, new seals, magnifluxed, etc. was pleasantly surprised doesnt seem over the top cost wise. Dropping it off in the morning and they are going to test my hoses and fitting and figure the leaks out as well

Back