How to bleed cutting brakes?

Ganzo

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up? So i was wondering what you guys do to bleed your cutting brakes? I have the jamar cutting brake that i put in my baja but could bleed it properly. Any suggestions? Thanks 

This is what I do:

Push down the brake pedal and then push and hold the cutting brake lever.

Purge the air from the caliper.

close the bleeder but continue to hold the cutting brake.

release the pedal but not the cutting brake.

pump the pedal slowly, allowing the cutting brake to return but with hand pressure against it until the pedal pumping has pushed the cutting brake handle back to neutral.

start process all over again.

This is what I do:

pump the pedal slowly, allowing the cutting brake to return but with hand pressure against it until the pedal pumping has pushed the cutting brake handle back to neutral.

What he said   :thumb:

If your brake lines have an upside down U anywhere in them, raise the MC or caliper above everything (jack up the front, or disconnect the calipers, put a spacer for the pads to squeeze) and bleed that way.  The small MCs we generally use won't displace enough fluid to fully push a bubble out of a trap in the line, so the bubble just walks back and forth and never leaves.

Or just use a power bleeder. :biggrin:

BTW, the upside down U includes the turning brakes themselves. If they’re the high point, be prepared for much frustration. 

This is what I do:

Ok so i will try this and if this doesnt work out i will get a pressure bleeder. Thanks guys

I've even had problems with a pressure bleeder. Make sure your turn brake housing is at least level or uphill to the bleeder screws, and you only need a lb or two of pressure.

Just curious. Mine had the trailing arm plates welded backwards or wrong. Meaning the caliper bracket mount was off by a 1/2". Once I realized the issue and fixed it I never had a brake pad or bleeder issue ever again. And my brakes were awesome !.

Back