Honda j35A4 engine idle searching

Sandy claws

Reaction score
2 things,

1)idle is searching. Idles up and down. won't rest

2) looking for the wire for coolant fan relays. 

any help would be great.  Thank you

Might be iac under throttle body. I’ve had mine get stuck and the idle jumps around. Just cleaned it with carb cleaner.   
Fan signal is ground out of ecm. 

Might be iac under throttle body. I’ve had mine get stuck and the idle jumps around. Just cleaned it with carb cleaner.
I had same issue with almost all that I've installed. This is the fix.

The fan relay ground is the green wire that comes off the the thermo switch on the thermostat housing.  Depending on how/who built the harness, it would need to be extended, or pulled out at the rear of the engine.

Have had mine go high idle and i just removed the IAC cleaned it really good and put back on it did the job,Does not take much to make it stick couple grains of sand can do it from what i have seen.

Also had it go from idle to fast to slow constant like a light switch was also very rich and came out of no where when i reinstalled engine.That one turned out to be a bad coolant temp sensor.I used an ohm meter to test it,read it cold then used a lighter to heat the sensor see if it changed had nothing went got another one installed and everything was good.Had i not had a obd port i probably still be lost i was thinking it was a fuel problem at the time like regulator or injectors

Back