Honda J Series with a blower

AZDuner

Reaction score
I'm considering putting an Eaton M90 blower on my J32a2. The blowers come off of Pontiacs and other GM cars and are abundant and inexpensive. I'm running an AEM computer so the tuning is possible. Prank sells an adapter kit to mount the blower which looks pretty straight forward. Anybody have experience with this type of thing? Im looking for any suggestions other than the standard, "swap in an LS" 🙂

I saw that adapter plate, but was not sure if you can still get them from prank. 

After watching some of the videos on youtube, it looks like it would be a blast in the dunes.

It also make the engine about 5 feet tall.  It bolts to the top of the OE manifold, not in place of it.

No experience with that blower on a J35, but I *was* considering it for my '03 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 HO.  I still would be, but I'm already dealing with heat issues in it, and the blower will just make it worse.  It's a good little blower but I'd try to either have it refreshed or get a reman blower, vs. straight from the junkyard.  As for the Honda, I had a J35 A4 with the AEM but just NA, but that system is super nice and tunable, so if you should decide to go blower it'll do the job.

-TJ 

Back when I had my Honda 3.5 I was going to do it, I bought an m90, the t-bird one, cause it's got a much simpler square flange, and I started to make my own manifold and such. Never finished it, and sold the car. But if I had kept it, I would have done it for sure. Cheap fun. I say go for it!

On a side note, I chose the t -bird m90 cause I didn't like the look of the plate from prank. Sits waaay to high for my liking. 

Following this, looks like a fun option. With the aem, would the stock injectors need to be upgraded as well?  5 psi is what I was thinking would be the limit on pump gas?

I saw that manifold that replaced the intake. Superfastminis makes one that looks like it. I think I might try making my own as well. Doesn't seem all to complicated. Looks like the injectors will need to be 440cc. The heat issue might be a problem with this project. Will the increased heat at the intake be OK if the cooling system is strong?

If it was me; i would definitely find an intercooler that u can sandwich under the m90 unless you are running e85, but then you are definitely needing larger injectors. I wish the j35 had 1/2 the aftermarket support that LS engines have or honda would at least sell the goodies that go into their j series baja race engines...

I saw that manifold that replaced the intake. Superfastminis makes one that looks like it. I think I might try making my own as well. Doesn't seem all to complicated. Looks like the injectors will need to be 440cc. The heat issue might be a problem with this project. Will the increased heat at the intake be OK if the cooling system is strong?
$1200 for just the adapter stuff, no blower.  And,  it looks to be using the earlier version with the 3 bolt T-body.  The foot print between the 1st Gen an 2nd Gen aren't exactly the same either.

https://www.superfastminis.com/store/p_900162/supercharger-kit

Rookie question: I have a J32A1 with stock computer. Would something like this be possible to bolt on without upgrading to an AEM or something similar?

Rookie question: I have a J32A1 with stock computer. Would something like this be possible to bolt on without upgrading to an AEM or something similar?
Possible? Yes. Advisable? No. The stock computers can’t be tuned. 

Back