Homemade Mac & Chz

Bobalos

Reaction score
Does anyone have a great recipe for homemade Mac & Chz????

Just had mine. It was soo good. Up the street and around the corner. KFC is the place. God bless their MnC! 😅

Edited to add.. you said Homemade, I'm out! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Crusty Mac

Cook and drain elbow macaroni (medium to big bag, we use medium sized elbows) and place in baking dish or pan. We use half pans, the disposable aluminum foil kind you buy at Costco / Smart and Final.

Make the custard mixture by whisking together milk (about 2-3 cups), evaporated milk (1 can) and 8-10 eggs and some salt / pepper, pour mixture over macaroni.

Add a stick of real butter unsalted is fine, 1/2 bar of sour cream and three cheeses and stir to combine well. Choose what cheese you like most...we change it up sometimes.

Always use Velveeta, cut into small blocks. Sharp Cheedar grated and then we use Colby-Jack or Gouda.....use a 40/40/20 mix

Top with more grated cheddar cheese and a light layer of panko crumbs and bake until bubbly and top is browned.

Don't be afraid if the egg/milk mix...more eggs will make it eggy, spongy....more cream/milk will make it more creamy/wet.

I like it more spongey / eggy and Crusty on top.

ugh...I want some now...LOL

200.gif

200.gif

Smoked Gouda Mac....

You all don't even KNOWN!

I was going down their menu & every line just kept getting better and better......

I found the M&C & was thinking..........

Pork: mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bacon: DAMMIT!!!!!!!!  AWESOME.

Brussel Sprouts: ............... Blech............ talk about getting shot will cold water.  LOL. 

thanks, sounds like a must do on the next time through town!!!!!

Bob

image.png

Pork Belly in the Mac and Cheese is the best..................

I was going down their menu & every line just kept getting better and better......

I found the M&C & was thinking..........

Pork: mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bacon: DAMMIT!!!!!!!!  AWESOME.

Brussel Sprouts: ............... Blech............ talk about getting shot will cold water.  LOL. 

thanks, sounds like a must do on the next time through town!!!!!

Bob

View attachment 21516
My mother in law loves Brussels Sprouts. Smells like a fart every time. 

We had this as a side tonight.  

I altered the recipe...which my wife expected.

1# of raw macarroni.  Based on my results, it does NOT need to be cooked first.

1# of cheese, not sure the type, got it at work....but it was Velvetta looking

4 cups of milk, assorted spices from the recipes.  Cook for 30min @ 350....stir and add. some water

12 oz can of black beans.  (I put Cayenne in previously, and added a dash of Tabasco at this time).   Sooooo...., I added Black, Cayenne and Tabasco peppers....twernt to hot, I'd add more next time.

Cook for 30min, add grated Parmasian cheese on top (grated, not powdered) and let cool....keep your fingers back (or they might get bitten).

I thought that it came out pretty good.  Not as cheesy as it shoulda been though.

Back