Home Entertainment systems..

Kraut_n_Rice

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Sooo..

I what need is a "tuner' or "amplifier" for my current set up. 

I have a great package for my space.  A JBL Studio tower set up with plenty of bass (4x12"  wall powered woofers..like plug the speaker into the wall.) and appropriate mid/highs.  Just need something to run them again.

I've had two different units run them over years that have taken a dive.  One Pioneer, and one Yamaha.  Just looking for something to piss the neighbors off with again.  Ya know the saying....Roses are red violets are blue, when I listen to Pantera my neighbors do too. :hethan:

I was a Pioneer fan since I was 12, then switched to Yamaha probably 15 yrs ago, now I like Denon. They're inexpensive, have great features (like 4K HDMI inputs, BT and internet connectivity and auto updates) and sound great. Take a look, see if you like the features. 

Went to the Denon sight and clicked the boxes for what I was interested in, the suggested unit was $4k...loL  Found much more reasonable ones just cruising the site though.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I've got Denon as well. Seems to work good. Peace

I had Denon in my last house and they worked OK, a few minor issues. My A/V guy recommended Marantz so I have two of them in the current house. Very happy with them and trouble free coming up on four years now. 

Denon/Marantz are almost identical now a days since they merged then were purchased by some globalists' private equity firm 😛 If you want either I can suggest getting your receiver from Accessories for less, with the money you save buy the extended warranty. I have used them a few times for Marantz gear (that's my personal preference). They are legit, have good service and honor the warranty. Tons of bugs in almost all modern receivers now that everything is integrated with wireless, BT, Android, and Apple features. Lots of good info on the dud models and what works well with what manufacture and of course all the drama you can ask for (although not as bad as the TV forums on here)

https://www.avsforum.com/forums/receivers-amps-and-processors.90/

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr5015/marantz-sr5015-7.2-ch-x-100-watts-a/v-8k-receiver-w/heos/1.html

I leaned toward Sony ES (Elevated standard) or pioneer elite but had to return my last yamaha receiver because it was just to friggin complex. Setup was a nightmare, I just wanted to listen to Pink Floyd in stereo. I have a denon mini all in one now that sounds fantastic in stereo. Even the speakers that were included sound great for little guys. I listened back to back with a nice set of klipsch reference series and they sound just as good. I would buy denon again or look for an older ES or elite receiver on offerup. 

Back