Help With King Shocks

Duffordraw

Reaction score
I had some king coilovers in the rear of my 2022 Yukon XL. They road phenomenally well. I had to take them off because of the sag when towing our boat. I pieced together some factory air ride shocks and they suck. The coilovers are 2.5 Kings. I also have some 2.5 in kings that I just took off the front of my gen 4 Funco. So I got to thinking, why not put the funco airbags onto the coilovers and hopefully get the best of both worlds? What do you think? Also, any recommendations on shops who can do the swap? I’m located in chandler az but I can ship them easily. 

hmmm i think your on to something....    might have to beef up the frame mounts 

I don't see the flaw in your logic but..... maybe just talk to a shock tuner about getting a progressive spring or dual rate for towing.
I would be cool to have adjustable air though too, to dial in a plush street ride and max load towing.

Don't forget the valving differences.

I don't see the flaw in your logic but..... maybe just talk to a shock tuner about getting a progressive spring or dual rate for towing.
I would be cool to have adjustable air though too, to dial in a plush street ride and max load towing.

Don't forget the valving differences.
Unfortunately they don't fit, lengths are off, but they were close.  

What I was hoping was to use the shock body with the valving for the yukon, remove the coil spring entirely and replace it with an airbag such as the one off my funco. I don't know if it can be done or how well it would work.  I already have a compressor and everything set up and installed/functioning on factory air ride shocks.  I have both sets of kings just sitting in the garage. I just don't have the tools or ability to do it myself and I don't know who would. 

Put the Kings back on and use a load leveling hitch when you pull the boat

Put the Kings back on and use a load leveling hitch when you pull the boat
This might work, IDK if it would affect the surge breaks or not. I think I would leave the current setup before making this jump though. 

Anyone know a shock tuner/builder that would take something like this on? I talked to King, they had no interest in doing it. ADS said they could maybe do it. 

Is it single rate currently?  True coilovers?

Post some pictures of the shocks, along with shock measurements (body length, overall threaded length, eye to eye) and rates (should be a part # on the springs).  I'm sure we can figure it out here. :biggrin:

Back