HELP Reprogramming ECU

Waldo

Reaction score
I need to reprogram my ecu  and my car doesn’t have an OBD2 port I would greatly appreciate any help

Lots of questions....

What ECU

What engine

Reprogram? What happened to the old program?

What changes have you made if any to the engine and or ecm?

Motor  LS 6 aluminum block

with 317 heads with a trail blazer ss cathedral port intake 

Ok so I’m having serious problems with my car so when the car is warm and I’m about 4k rpms my car sometimes will act like if I hit the rev limiter and it will just drop out or sometimes when I come to a stop the idle will stay at 3k rpm I’ve pulled the plugs and they are all good I also changed the crank sensor, map sensor , and spark plug wires 

any advice would be greatly appreciated 

I would check fuel pump and filters. Check relay that controls the pump. Try to find a way to look at Pressure under load. Might be fine at idle but could be clogged and causing the stutter.

I would also check the Throttle Position sensor. It sounds like the computer does not know the position the throttle is at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I changed the filters and put new injectors took it for a run and in second gear if I hold the pedal down it gets to 4k and sputters out then shell backfire and flames come out of both exhaust pipes and shuts off and then when i go to restart it she will start up fine and idle 

So just an update I found a way to retrieve my engine codes by using a paper clip and a multimeter 

Back