Heims/ Rod end recommendations

Justdirt

Reaction score
Time to replace heims  looking for recommendations I remember hearing that the Teflon ones beat out pretty quick ??????

Question on this if I may as well, how do I know when a heim is bad? Loose ball? How loose?

I’ve used FK and QA1 XM series heim joint with no issues. Even the Kevlar/Teflon  injection ones without problems. Look for play as you shake rattle and roll the suspension parts. I usually hold my finger and thumb or just a finger on the heim ball itself as I jerk things around looking for any play. Oh yeah and Jack the car up first. 

Ttt

Last edited by a moderator:
If were me...  if I was happy with the performance of what was in it, don't fix what ain't broke.  I might call the builder and see if he had a strong recommendation,  he might have learned a few things since he built the car.  

On drag cars, they were 2 to 3 year Maint items and we used the TFE ones.  On the dirt????  I would go by wear.  If they clunk they get replaced.  

FK JMX series with PTFE lining.  I moved away from the QA1's a few years ago.  We had numerous problems with them.   The JMX and JMXL are the same, L designating left hand thread.  JMX / JFX – FK Rod Ends  :ez:

Last edited by a moderator:
FK JMX series with PTFE lining.  I moved away from the QA1's a few years ago.  We had numerous problems with them.   The JMX and JMXL are the same, L designating left hand thread.  JMX / JFX – FK Rod Ends  :ez:
This.

Type 1 heims.

There are different designations from FK.

Type 1 have tighter tolerances.

Back