Hearing protection

Bobalos

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone is using for hearing protection now days.  

I've always used foam plugs and muffs but figured there have to be a lot of new things out there now.  

My son has a pair of apple earbuds that do noise canceling.  He wore them to the monster truck show and said they worked flawlessly.   He could hear me talk and it canceled out the loud truck noises.  

Do you use something for sidearms and something else for long guns or the same thing for both?  

Thoughts? 

I can't tolerate muffs when shooting rifle.  Always used Surefire EP3 cuase I can get them from work.  They're OK for sound.  Comfortable and uninhibiting.  Never had ringing or discomfort after a shoot session.

i wear earplugs at work all the time. not crazy loud but its constant loud. i use the foam disposable ones. they are called flents quite please. the label has them rated lower than the normal cone type foam ones but i like them way better. i use them when i go to concerts as well. there are nicer ones i have been wanting to try but just have not wanted to spend the money. noice canceling headphones give me a headache, they are not stopping the noise but its a manipulation of sound wave. i have not used these for shooting,

Amazon.com: Flents Ear Plugs, 100 Pair, Ear Plugs for Sleeping, Snoring, Loud Noise, Traveling, Concerts, Construction, & Studying, NRR 29 : Health & Household

Back