Halogen lights, is LED bulbs worth it

JM PRO

Reaction score
So I picked up a new sandrail and it has 8 beautiful Baja Design Sol Tek chrome lights on it. They are all halogen H1 bulbs in the lights.

The problem is they suck! Not very bright and are very yellow in color. I don't do much night riding but would like to see a significant increase in brightness. Has anyone had any luck with the LED H1 bulbs or HID kits in these lights or am i better off buying new lights? 

Thanks

I did a LED conversion in my Round Vision X lights, not very bright, think the HID kit is what you would want unless the light was already built for a LED, 

I have the same ones. I love the look of them on my roof but they’re not that great, so I put the big Baja Design XL80s down in the front. I still think I need a few more tho. 

Reach out to Baja designs and see if they have a solution for you

Buy the slim ballast HID kits off Ebay and convert them to HID. The ballast and wiring will tuck inside the housing. I did them in the past and they worked good. 

Bulbs: no matter what you pick, you're going to run into the problem of running a bulb the light wasn't designed for and end up with compromised results.  Could be light output, could be reach, could be the pattern sucks, or all 3.  

Reach out to Baja designs and see if they have a solution for you
This would be the best result.  I know KC sells conversion reflectors and bulbs for their Daylighter series.  

I converted some KC knock offs a long time ago.  I had to space the bulb a ways out of the housing to get the light projection from being 100% chit.

If they are the lights I am thinking they are I converted them HID - Freaking spot lights at 200 feet lol... I still feel HIDS were under utilized.

Back