Halloween/ start of dune season!

Gort Chop Shop

Reaction score
I'm new here, not to forums though, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong spot. I couldn't really find a specific spot for trips and stuff, so thought id start here.

Who's going where for Halloween? Weekend OF? Before, after?

Where to, Glamis, Gordons, Buttercup?

I'm not on here much as I'm a truck guy, but my dads buggy is fairly well known i feel like. its the one in my avatar. 4 seat, long travel, american eagle wrap, blahblah.

IMG_20191016_162134.jpg

anyways, we hardly ever have anyone to camp with so we usually go alone (my 8 year old son, dad, and me) and its just sketch as my dad is a total panzee w/ driving the car (if you've seen that car in the air ever, it was me driving. haha)

BUT IT'S SO FUCKING BORING CAMPING ALONE!

We're big dune veterans, i mean years and yeeeeeeeeears..... so if anyone allows us to camp with them just know that we're not "just a bunch of asshole drunk kids looking to party" haha

Welcome 👍🏼

Beautiful car!!!

Personally, you wouldn't (or Maybe you would) catch me dead in Glamis on Any holiday weekend. It's called amateur hour for a good reason.

Watch the weather...

And when you see a good storm is gonna come through, pack your bags and get there when it's over.

Aint no sand like flat sand. You won't find "flat sand" on a holiday weekend.

Be safe! 🙏

Welcome 👍🏼

Beautiful car!!!

Personally, you wouldn't (or Maybe you would) catch me dead in Glamis on Any holiday weekend. It's called amateur hour for a good reason.

Watch the weather...

And when you see a good storm is gonna come through, pack your bags and get there when it's over.

Aint no sand like flat sand. You won't find "flat sand" on a holiday weekend.

Be safe! 🙏

haha yeah, we never go ON the holiday weekends anymore.
personally, i like the crowds and way too many people but that could just be my younger dune self coming out. i definitely dont want to bring my 8 year old out in any dunes when its crazy packed though. hah. i aint dat dum! haha

idk, just trying to find a group to go with now!!!

I should be out and kicking off the season by the first weekend of October. Halloween weekend is the same weekend as Camp RAZR that Polaris hosts and it's insane in the dunes... I'll be there working a booth in the event but won't be unloading the car that weekend. Will be out for ~10 days after that with the next weekend (Nov9th) being the Veterans Day Gathering. That will be a good weekend to hit the dunes

I’m not sure if we are going to be out there on Halloween or not.. I kinda want to go see the shit show, but I’m not sure if I can get it past the wife and kids

Hey GCS! Heading down there October 30-Nov 3rd. Haven't been in 4 years and all my old dune buddies have fallen off the radar over the years but my bikes and Ranger are all ready so I can't be more stoked to get back out there!!!! Usually camp in the trash trees and looking for some good people to ride with.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I appreciate it!!! Only thing Ranger left of her is the cab and frame from back of cab to front bumper. Backhalved, strapped at 22" front 28" rear, full caged, custom interior, Chevy 383 (500/500) we just built for it w/Turbo 400, Currie rear w/ 5.46 gears and Dutchman 35 splines etc....

Thanks man. I appreciate it!!! Only thing Ranger left of her is the cab and frame from back of cab to front bumper. Backhalved, strapped at 22" front 28" rear, full caged, custom interior, Chevy 383 (500/500) we just built for it w/Turbo 400, Currie rear w/ 5.46 gears and Dutchman 35 splines etc....
Sweet looking Ranger man.
Welcome to the site

I’m not sure if we are going to be out there on Halloween or not.. I kinda want to go see the shit show, but I’m not sure if I can get it past the wife and kids

No, you really don't.

Same reason you don't wander down to the channel on holiday weekends.

I can't deny the on Weekends or holidays are a bit hectic, however... Tips. Camping, avoid the washes, Gecko, or Vendor Flats. Riding. Avoid Olds and the sand drags. Camp in the deep where it takes effort to get to, pack light so you can leave first thing in the morning on your last day. And ride out to the big dunes which the crowds almost alway avoid. This has never served me wrong no matter how busy the on weekends have been

I can't deny the on Weekends or holidays are a bit hectic, however... Tips. Camping, avoid the washes, Gecko, or Vendor Flats. Riding. Avoid Olds and the sand drags. Camp in the deep where it takes effort to get to, pack light so you can leave first thing in the morning on your last day. And ride out to the big dunes which the crowds almost alway avoid. This has never served me wrong no matter how busy the on weekends have been

Vets lats year, I had to go to wash 32 before there was any clear area to camp.
Went out 3 days before New Years, had to park at 37 for a spot. Granted the rains were epic last winter, but dunes were literally unrideable on a quad even around China Wall area. All from SxS ruts and mashed potatoes.

Back