Gun Tools & tool kits

Bobalos

Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of "gun tool kits" that have a whole mess of little bits & stuff in them.  whats interesting is the little preset (or adjustable) "torque Wrenches". 

It would be nice to have something like that in a little kit that I can take with me.  Does anyone have any suggestions on one of these kits with either an adjustable TQ wrench of a set of them?  I would like something reliable & repeatable.  I cant imagine that the $18 kits are either of those 2 things. 

thanks

Bob

where did you see them? amazon? 

I don't have the gun kit, but i bought 4 bit sets that have like 50 bits in them because i knew they had to be junk at 7.00 delivered. I use them all the time and still on set number one lol.

gave my dad one bit set and kept one in the trailer and one in my cabinet in garage just in case, but for 7.00 i just knew it wouldn't last one day, but it has.

i was at a gun show this weekend and saw lots of guys building stuff, but no smithing tools for sale. 

maybe this place?

https://www.wheelertools.com/gunsmithing-tools/wrenches-and-screwdrivers/f.a.t.-wrench-with-10-bit-set/553556.html#start=1

https://www.wheelertools.com/sale/100-piece-professional-fat-wrench-screwdriver-set/4001004.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a bunch of "gun tool kits" that have a whole mess of little bits & stuff in them.  whats interesting is the little preset (or adjustable) "torque Wrenches". 

It would be nice to have something like that in a little kit that I can take with me.  Does anyone have any suggestions on one of these kits with either an adjustable TQ wrench of a set of them?  I would like something reliable & repeatable.  I cant imagine that the $18 kits are either of those 2 things. 

thanks

Bob
I bought a proper roll punch set, receiver blocks and armorers wrench, but haven't found the need to take my torque wrench and what not with me when on the go. If yOre working on muskets, you needs 25-40ftlbs so the preset littles aren't going to work. I have a couple hundred $$$ in my tool kit. IMO some things just aren't worth getting in to in the field.(have a back up tool for the job)

That torque driver is nice, I could see picking up some of the one off items from this place but those tool kits are a bit$$$
I'm sure something can be had for much cheaper. This is just what 90% of the guys I shoot competitions with use. 

And this does not count one single round...............  LOL.

But it does include tools and accessories, so............ 

image.png

Back