Got good advice on this once before, has anything changed?

FBT

Reaction score
Hi all..

I am about to replace the 32x10-15 Coyotes on my 2019 Turbo S. To be kind, I have never been impressed with them but wanted to get some miles out of them before offing them. My 19 only has about 600 miles on it, but that is going to change soon, retirement has happened, wife and I are now both able to take time, and we are going to do just that.

Our "home" playground is Sand Mountain, Nevada. We frequently will ride the sand for a few hours, head back to camp, fuel up and take off out into the back country, and roll back into camp with the fuel gauge on empty and the day done. I'd like to go to a tire that does as well as possible in the dunes (better than the coyotes for sure) and then be good for the high desert/mountains etc.

I came in with this same question back when we had a 2014 XP1000, and the advice I got was Arisun Aftershock XD to replace the Bighorns it came with. I really liked those tires, and they are on my short list, but as time has passed I thought I'd throw it out again..

Anything new I should look at?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a set of Maxxis RAZR XT 32x10x15.  I’m going to try them out in Glamis next week and see how they compare to my Sand Strippers. 
I saw a few people using them at the Sand Scramble and read some good reviews regarding their performance at KOH in the rocks and desert. 

I still run Aftershocks. I ran them on my RZRs and Now my Can am and my Buddy runs them on his Talon as well and Very Pleased with the tires.

Reactions: FBT
Pictures of these different tires for us that’s to lazy to look them up. (Me) thanks. 

Just My Two cents Here I have run Mongrels and Tensors and Big Horns and Currently Aftershocks. By Far I like the Aftershocks the Best for all around Performance. I started running them Years ago and after MOST of the people I go with in the Hard pack switched to them. On my RZR thats all I ran in Glamis and they work Great in the Sand.

I just bought a set of Maxxis RAZR XT 32x10x15.  I’m going to try them out in Glamis next week and see how they compare to my Sand Strippers. 
I saw a few people using them at the Sand Scramble and read some good reviews regarding their performance at KOH in the rocks and desert. 
How did the XT's do?

How did the XT's do?
After running them in the sand for a few days, I think they worked well. Compared to my paddle tires they were rougher riding, didn’t bite or slide as well. But that was to be expected due to the difference in tire construction. 

I would look at the BFG, Toyo, or Nito UTV tires.  They will be okay in the sand and great everywhere else. 

I have looked for the Aftershocks for awhile now, and they are no longer on the Arisun website, and are listed as "out of stock" on the usual retailers websites. I was told a set could be found, but I suspect they are clearing a warehouse, which means old tires.

Looking at the Nittos now...

I know Damien at SXS Addicts in AZ has Aftershocks in stock.. I ordered my Aftershocks thru Chapparel on line

Back