Good week of dunes

Sand Shark

Reaction score
Got back yesterday from Glamis.  Got there Christmas day and the place was pretty empty.  The washes had scatterings of camps.  Gecko had some space from what I could see.  I was the first in the group to arrive and was able to get a nice spot in Wash 15.   With the rain hitting it made everything nice and compact.  No dust issues the entire time. The wind made everything nice and smooth in the dunes.  There were some of those weird wind whip bumps on the top of some of the bigger dunes.  Otherwise the dunes were great.    

Overall a great trip with no issues for my X3.  We had several in our group that made the trip from Texas. A great group of guys and they like to dune. We call them the Texas turtles after the very first time we met them in Glamis.  A few decided to turtle there cars that trip. LOL!  No Texas turtles this trip.  We did have a newbie turtle though.  LOL!

Took the Texas crew down to Buttercup so they could check out the border wall and enjoy the fun of the Buttercup dunes.  Gordon's was almost a ghost town.  I think Buttercup had more people camping. 

Carnage for the week was 3 Polaris belts, one polaris power steering unit (Coyne in El Centro took care of that and I can not say enough how great the service and parts department at the dealership are when you need something.  They try to save your trip.), and one Polaris Turbo motor after the oil drain plug somehow fell out.  Also some cosmetic damage and a radiator for the car that end up on the lid.  Oh and one broken axle on the RS1.   Almost forgot,  my buddy finally took out his belt on his X3 after 3200+ miles.  Those were almost all dune miles too.  

My buddy @megadesertdiesel drives the crap out of that RS1.   Drifting the turns and jumping where he can.  They look like an absolute blast to drive. 

Lots of fuel was burned and lots of dune miles covered.  I think I was around 400 miles for the 5 days.   

glamis 7.jpg

glaimis 9.jpg

glamis 8.jpg

glamis 12.jpg

glamis 11.jpg

glamis 14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it was an awesome time and your unit looks great I like that RS1 also 

Awesome update for those of us who have yet to see the Dunes this year. Peace

I also showed on on the 25th, got our regular camping spot.  Great duning, started to get a bit crowded on the 30th.  I came home on the 31st.  That being said when leaving there were empty spots on the loop and cement flats.  Great trip with great dunes.

Sounds like you had a great time! Missed the dunes this trip and ended up at the river. 

Sounds like you had a great time! Missed the dunes this trip and ended up at the river. 
River is not a bad place just a little cold.   Parker or another part of the Colorado?

We were practically neighbors...  My group was in Wash 13.  I got there the 23rd until the 2nd.  Had an amazing time and lots of great rides.

Did our traditional New Year's Eve sunset ride with a fire to keep us warm.  Great way to end the year :classic_love:  

River is not a bad place just a little cold.   Parker or another part of the Colorado?
No we were at Hidden Shores. Took a ride to Martinez to grab lunch and cocktails on Friday. Hit the Narrows and a little beyond for our ride on Saturday. Not a lot of miles on the RZR but a crap ton of miles got put on my liver!

Back