Glamis Vets Race Channel Broadcast?

r3meyer

Reaction score
I realize this is last min, but any chance you guys can pick a channel and broadcast the ceremony?  I know a lot of people have radios and would be awesome to hear the whole event from the top of every dune.

We are working on something that would be legit and totally above board and FCC compliant :sraptor:

If you are tuned into BFG Relay you may well hear some chatter :cheers:

Did anybody happen to catch the ceremony via BFGRelay?  Looking for any kind of feed back about whether it worked well or if it sucked...

I hope it worked well...  I know alot of work went into  making that happen.

During the testing of the radio, camped at the beach store compound, we were able to reach out to Gecko, the flag pole and wash 16. We knew we had the power and should have no problem stepping on anyone in the flag pole area.

Very curious on how it worked for those at the ceremony.

I know alot of work went into  making that happen.
Yes it did, and that’s after two businesses left us hanging with >6 months invested between the two. Took matters into our own hands and made it work (completely FCC compliant…), interested to hear if folks were able to hear in the way back :cheers:

We were parked at least a 1/4 mile from the ceremony, so had to rely on the radio.  I could generally hear pretty well, but there was some echo, from the speakers probably. Unfortunately, we could still hear others busting in talking about stupid stuff. But considering the situation, you really couldn't ask for much more.

We were far away...

20211113_111110.jpg

We were parked at least a 1/4 mile from the ceremony, so had to rely on the radio.  I could generally hear pretty well, but there was some echo, from the speakers probably. Unfortunately, we could still hear others busting in talking about stupid stuff. But considering the situation, you really couldn't ask for much more.

We were far away...
Thanks for the feedback!!

Things are already in the works for next year to make the broadcast better. More details when we get closer but plan on another broadcast for the outer limits and we'll make it easy again with a common channel. :cheers:

Back