Glamis Veterans: who we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

HozayKwarvo

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
The business end of it: The mission of Glamis Veterans is to celebrate our freedoms and to always remember, honor, and support our military veterans for their sacrifice to our country.  :smilie_flagge13:   Glamis Veterans is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing a meaningful ceremony at the Flag Pole in Glamis every year.

Glamis Veterans are patriotic off-roaders who support our military, the freedoms we enjoy, and the stewardship of the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area.  You do not need to be a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces to be a Glamis Veteran. A love for our country, appreciation for our military veterans, and a desire to maintain the sport that we enjoy enables you to join the ranks!

Now that all of that is out of the way, here's how it all went down...

If you haven't, check out how the original Glamis Veterans Day Gatherings kicked off in this thread right here

This was never ever meant to become an event to cash in on our veterans. That said, there are some significant costs associated with running this annual event and not only sustaining the growth but making it bigger and better while staying focused on our mission. The model was a simple one: sell shirts to cover the cost of the event.

The first 16 years of this event were under the guise of GlamisDunes.com. While I started the event and ran it for the first several years I also bailed for a few years while our family took a break from the desert. sndsmplr and the GD.com family took the reins and continued the mission to always remember, honor, and support our military veterans for their sacrifice to our country. Not long after my return sndsmplr approached me with an opportunity that I couldn't resist... take the reins once more. One caveat though, it needed to exist outside of the GD.com world and stand on it's own two feet.

Incredibly excited and a little bit nervous, I set out to create a non-profit organization simply to maintain the Veterans Day Gathering and continue the mission of remembering, honoring, and supporting our military veterans. There are no paid staff, just the same volunteers that you have known over the years. What is new is the ability to write off any contributions towards the event, that's right - a fully tax deductible 501(c)(3) non-profit and all proceeds and donations go directly to sustaining and growing this event.

Glamis Veterans are patriotic off-roaders who support our military, the freedoms we enjoy, and the stewardship of the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area.  You do not need to be a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces to be a Glamis Veteran. A love for our country, appreciation for our military veterans, and a desire to maintain the sport that we enjoy enables you to join the ranks!

Donations, sponsors, and sales provide the necessary means to sustain the events, and our mission.

GV LOGO ON CLEAR BACKGROUND.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in sponsorships or opportunities can contact brian@glamisveterans.org

Anyone interested in making a tax deductible donation can do so at https://glamisveterans.org/donate/

Also, if you want to help make a difference while you shop on the Amazon, at no extra cost to you? Simply follow the instructions below to select "Glamis Veterans" as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They'll donate a portion of your eligible purchases (their profit, not your expense) to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on "AmazonSmile" within Programs & Features
3. Select "Glamis Veterans" as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back