Glamis Veterans Dune Therapy Camp March 4-6

HozayKwarvo

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that most all of us enjoy sharing Glamis with others - introducing them to the dunes and the sport/area that we love. There's something therapeutic about a good ride and a campfire surrounded by like minded people, friends, and family.   

Glamis Veterans is standing up a new program this weekend, hosting veterans and their families at Glamis for a dune therapy session. Group meals, campfire, guided rides, a responsible introduction to the dunes and our sport. We'll be covering all costs for the veterans and their families - RV rental, food, even the fuel to/from their home to the dunes. The goal is to have ~2 each year and after this weekend's inaugural event we'll take all of the feedback, polish it up, and have things dialed in for next year. We haven't even finished the first event and already had a lot of feedback and ideas going into next season!

Glamis Dunes Rentals is a big part of making this happen! Matt and Randy are huge supporters and really coming through for us on this event.

Daddy's Famous Foods is picking up several meals. Brad is an Army vet himself and a huge supporter of veterans and just about everything positive that happens at the dunes.

Rowley White RV is picking up a couple meals as well as sharing the camaraderie of their annual Rowley Family Camp this weekend. Brad White is a rock star and I can't thank them enough.

Knuckle Eyez is a veteran owned and operated small business that is supplying several pairs of goggles for this event. Melissa and Jason are awesome.

See Devil balloon lights are amazing as is Tyler Hayhurst over there. He hooked us up and camp will be lit!

Larue Performance and Glamis Back Bag Project is kicking down fuel for the veterans and volunteers for the weekend and are big suppporters of our dunes and our veterans.

Desert Storm Poker Run has selected us as one of the charitable partners for this year's event in April. We are incredibly honored to be a part of Desert Storm and this partnership will go a long ways towards providing more events like the one this weekend.

YOU ...Anyone that has purchased a Glamis Veterans Day Gathering shirt or merch or made a donation to our fledgling non-profit is enabling our mission and we appreciate you.

The people above have helped tremendously in providing the resources needed to make things like this happen but there's a small handful of volunteers that actually turn the crank and make it real. We are an all volunteer organization, no paid staff. This event, like all others, is me and some half-cocked idea that a few faithful will bring to reality and I can't thank them enough.

This weekend's event is all but in the books. Subscribe to our newsletter on the website and follow our IG/FB to and stay tuned for next year's dates, the details for this year's Glamis Veterans Day Gathering, and more. If you want to support Glamis Veterans or get involved let me know. 

Semper Fi,

Brian/Hozay

:cheers:

Brian (Hozay), Your dedication to this program, organization and Veterans as a whole is beyond reproach.  Thank you for all you do.

Look forward to see you and everyone out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's fair to say that most all of us enjoy sharing Glamis with others - introducing them to the dunes and the sport/area that we love. There's something therapeutic about a good ride and a campfire surrounded by like minded people, friends, and family.   

Glamis Veterans is standing up a new program this weekend, hosting veterans and their families at Glamis for a dune therapy session. Group meals, campfire, guided rides, a responsible introduction to the dunes and our sport. We'll be covering all costs for the veterans and their families - RV rental, food, even the fuel to/from their home to the dunes. The goal is to have ~2 each year and after this weekend's inaugural event we'll take all of the feedback, polish it up, and have things dialed in for next year. We haven't even finished the first event and already had a lot of feedback and ideas going into next season!

Glamis Dunes Rentals is a big part of making this happen! Matt and Randy are huge supporters and really coming through for us on this event.

Daddy's Famous Foods is picking up several meals. Brad is an Army vet himself and a huge supporter of veterans and just about everything positive that happens at the dunes.

Rowley White RV is picking up a couple meals as well as sharing the camaraderie of their annual Rowley Family Camp this weekend. Brad White is a rock star and I can't thank them enough.

Knuckle Eyez is a veteran owned and operated small business that is supplying several pairs of goggles for this event. Melissa and Jason are awesome.

See Devil balloon lights are amazing as is Tyler Hayhurst over there. He hooked us up and camp will be lit!

Larue Performance and Glamis Back Bag Project is kicking down fuel for the veterans and volunteers for the weekend and are big suppporters of our dunes and our veterans.

Desert Storm Poker Run has selected us as one of the charitable partners for this year's event in April. We are incredibly honored to be a part of Desert Storm and this partnership will go a long ways towards providing more events like the one this weekend.

YOU ...Anyone that has purchased a Glamis Veterans Day Gathering shirt or merch or made a donation to our fledgling non-profit is enabling our mission and we appreciate you.

The people above have helped tremendously in providing the resources needed to make things like this happen but there's a small handful of volunteers that actually turn the crank and make it real. We are an all volunteer organization, no paid staff. This event, like all others, is me and some half-cocked idea that a few faithful will bring to reality and I can't thank them enough.

This weekend's event is all but in the books. Subscribe to our newsletter on the website and follow our IG/FB to and stay tuned for next year's dates, the details for this year's Glamis Veterans Day Gathering, and more. If you want to support Glamis Veterans or get involved let me know. 

Semper Fi,

Brian/Hozay

:cheers:
I'm sorry I have to miss this :flageagle:

Been awhile...  I would be glad to help contribute to the next one somehow. I'll follow this event and hopefully be helpful to this great cause.

Where will you all be camped? Would love to swing by. 
Headed out today to get set up and can update once I've landed, the plan is the flats near vendors - should be between the OS Roundup camp and the Rowley White family camp. 6 rentals and a few other rigs w/ a 45kw powering camp, camo netting in the middle and some banners/flags posted up around camp, should be easy to spot  :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
There in spirit!!!  Sincerely hoping this is an event that becomes as awesome as the Veterans Day weekend!!!

kinda forced to sit this one out as I am "tied" to a machine with a hose still...  

There in spirit!!!  Sincerely hoping this is an event that becomes as awesome as the Veterans Day weekend!!!

kinda forced to sit this one out as I am "tied" to a machine with a hose still...  
We got this covered until you are back in action, get well SOON! :bighug:

Back