Gen Y executive review

Azdunerat

Reaction score
We picked up the new 5er with the executive hitch installed. Having never had a true fifth wheel hitch before this review is slightly skewed but take it for what it is. 

I went with the B&W drop in ball, mostly due to the built in handle. I will say this set up is extremely well built and the puck system is perfect.

Hitching and unhitching are idiot proof with the executive automatic. For hitching just line her up and lower the hitch onto the ball. No pins to worry about or honestly there is really not a way to screw this up.  To unhitch just pull the cable and raise your rig. 

Pulling the rig is like a dream, no chucking and very little bucking. The torsion system resulted in one of the smoothest rides I have ever had with a trailer. My biggest complaint is having to hop into the bed of my truck to put the chains on. Honestly I don’t know why there even needs to be chains, I have seen several 5th wheel hitch fails but cannot imagine a situation where the hitch separates from the ball. That being said not having a big ass hitch in the bed of the truck is worth the slight annoyance. 

overall I would give this a big thumbs and recommend it to anyone. 

57ED9D84-41B3-4CE5-AEFB-262B35985BC9.jpeg

6EC8EA5E-F07A-4BCF-A1FE-F1AD0E1045CB.jpeg

The B&W kit is super nice, not to mention made in Kansas, not Shanghai. I installed a Amp side step on my dually, which allows me to reach into the bed and retrieve my "old man step stool" out of the bed, so I can climb over the side to hook the safety chains and latch the gooseneck, as my hitch didn't have the fancy cable setup. Better than sliding across the tailgate, I guess.

would you throw in a picture of how they mount in the bed of the truck?

That is bitchen.  It's almost not there when you have it out. 

Back