Gen 4 air tank

RPMsRUP

Reaction score
Where is everyone installing the compressor tank in a Gen 4 and what size? pictures if you have them thank you 

on an open front car, I have seen the tanks mounted under the passenger seat, using either (3) 1gal tanks or (1) 2-2.5 gallon tank.

I've done several and put the tank and compressor under the passenger seat.

Screenshot_20221027_060014.jpg

Screenshot_20221027_060032.jpg

This isn't one I did, just another example.

What isze tanks are these? this a perfect setup
Not sure. I buy the Air Lift kit from @Grant@Funcowith their upgrades. Piecing a kit together to save a few $$ will not be worth it in the long run. Done it twice for clients. 

not the same application, but I built an onboard air system for tires, I found one of those VitalAir compressors on Craigs list/offer up & had a tank from a work project.  its actually a fire extinguisher tank that we use for an accumulator in one of our products.  the tricky bit was making the adapter that goes into the tank because of the O-ring seal on the neck of the tank.  Im not sure it would be able to seat a bead, but it adds air to tires quite well.  I have a 200 Lb pressure cutoff in the tank to shut off the compressor.  i used the Vital Air switch (Amazon), & a single compressor.  I wired in a toggle switch inline to where it says "keyed power source". 

image.png

20210829_163726.jpg

20210227_153212.jpg

How are you attaching the tank to the floor? I think I saw a post where nutserts were used in the tank. 

Not sure who you are talking with........

the one that @L.R.S. did looks to have loops welded to the tube that the band clamps go around.  Mine has horseshoe shaped bands that secure it to the floor with #10 Stainless hardware (because I had it).

image.png

How are you attaching the tank to the floor? I think I saw a post where nutserts were used in the tank. 
The air tank has brackets welded to it but I cut them off so it will fit under the front passenger seat. I use large long zip ties to hold the tank to the front mount for the seat. It's not structural, it's not heavy. Zip ties are fine.

Back