Gecko Road 2.0

Sandkist

Reaction score
Looks like the BLM is busy.

FD93D54B-186D-46CB-B086-1AEB3A0A98AC.jpeg3A3D6CDF-64AE-49DC-957D-441CCE491DB1.jpeg3D442F73-7CD1-4A0E-9BBA-21BC8D559F52.jpeg
asasandassoc Each summer the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area strives to maintain their sites to provide a high quality recreational experience for the next season. Work on Pad 4 started this week. Over the next month, the middle of Roadrunner Campground, and a portion of Wash Road will be getting similar work. #BLM #isdra

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's cool! Been so difficult to find a spot on gecko the last two seasons.

Love seeing progress to assist us Duners any way possible. Peace

Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are just doing maintenance?  The pads are mostly likely the same size as last season.  I would love for them to make them bigger, I am not optimistic though.

nice to see something more going to our BLM fees, Cant wait to get back in Mother G!  save me a spot! 😂😂

Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are just doing maintenance?  The pads are mostly likely the same size as last season.  I would love for them to make them bigger, I am not optimistic though.
From what I understand the Ghost campers at pad 4 complained...so they are fixing the pads so they can leave their crap there all season. 

Pretty sure they've done this last several years.

I don't want this and don't need it.  But I'll be out there this weekend to be the first to piss on it.

Pad 3 Mafia contracted private gated area with landing strip, sand drag strip, helicopter pads at each campsite, Custom inflatable Ghost Camps year round when not present (Automatically deflate on 13th day +59 minutes then re inflate), no one can apply to get in unless sand car has 3,000HP min and net worth of $100million minimum.

:bag:

:lmao:

They did mention that they are making the inside of RR estates smooth and like a pad. 

They did mention that they are making the inside of RR estates smooth and like a pad. 
The last few seasons the inside of Roadrunner has been getting worse and worse. I've been stuck in it twice and had to get pulled out. After they repaved 2 seasons ago it looked like they pushed the extra sand into the middle and made it even worse. Saw so many people getting stuck. Glad it being fixed.

Back