Funco Gen4 support

SandHunter

Reaction score
Wanting to fix 2 issues with my 2006 Gen4 so looking for ideas and pics please. 

1. How to fix the steering wobble, perhaps fabricating longer tube off existing column. 

2. What is used to secure the gas pedal line on metal plate (not zip ties as I have shown).

Screenshot_20220809-094914_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-094920_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-094928_Gallery.jpg

Whers is the wobble in the steering?  There are bearings or a sleeve in the steering column tube.

I would think just pull bolt out of u joint and the shaft will pull up and out. Replace bushing and reinstall. I would do both upper and lower at same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think just pull bolt out of u joint and the shaft will pull up and out. Replace bushing and reinstall. I would do both upper and lower at same time.
Ok great, thanks. Know where can I buy both bushing parts? Always a mystery on these Funco's.

Ok great, thanks. Know where can I buy both bushing parts? Always a mystery on these Funco's.
I got mine from Pacific Customs. Measured the inside of tube and outside of shaft. Probable even a local nut and bolt supplier would have them.

I got mine from Pacific Customs. Measured the inside of tube and outside of shaft. Probable even a local nut and bolt supplier would have them.
Very helpful. I'm learning a lot. So much more to understand but enjoyable. Thx Richard. 

A little tardy to the party but I have the same wobble in my steering. I called Grant and found that the shaft wears in where the bushings are. So replacing the bushings alone may not fix it. Grant said to pull it apart, clean it all up and put one wrap of electrical tape on the bushing and press it back in. I havent gotten around to do it yet but its on my to do list. 

A little tardy to the party but I have the same wobble in my steering. I called Grant and found that the shaft wears in where the bushings are. So replacing the bushings alone may not fix it. Grant said to pull it apart, clean it all up and put one wrap of electrical tape on the bushing and press it back in. I havent gotten around to do it yet but its on my to do list. 
Correct , If the shaft is not worn we can machine a new bushing 

Just make sure the bushing is not to tight  or it will feel like no powersteering. 

Back